ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is my wife and daughter eligibale for ILR?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sreekan2

is my wife and daughter eligibale for ILR?

Post by sreekan2 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:00 pm

Hi,
I am currently on ILR valid until 2024 and in the process of applying for citizenship.

1. My wife first came into the country as tier 2 dependant on Oct-13 and after that, she stayed In India for nearly 2 years from September-16 to July-18, In July she was granted a family visa until April-21, does she need to extend her visa for another term of 30 months before eligible for ILR?

2. My daughter was born in India and came to this country on Tier 2 dependant on Feb-15, and same as her mother she stayed in India from September-16 to July-18, In July she was granted a family visa until April-21, does she need to extend her visa for another term of 30 months before eligible for ILR?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: is my wife and daughter eligibale for ILR?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:16 pm

If they got the current visas after you got ilr, ie spouse/child settlement visas, then they need 5 years on that route before they can apply for ilr. You cannot combine tier 2 dependent time with spouse visa time to make up 5 years.

They both need and extension for mother 2.5 years. Your spouse need a minimum of English A2 for an extension and you have to meet all the same financial requirements.

You also need evidence in both your names from 3 to 6 difference sources for two years to prove cohabitation and subsisting relationship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.