ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mir_azam_k
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Set (M)

Post by mir_azam_k » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:22 pm

Dear Members

Best wishes for 2021.

I have a similar query but more specific on the biometric appointment date and would be grateful if Cullinan/Simba or some other experts can offer some advise.

I originally entered the UK on a Tier 4 general visa in Feb 2014 and got married to a British citizen in Jun 2016 whilst my student visa was still valid.

11-Jul-2016: I was granted leave to remain in the UK under FLR(M)
25-Jan-2019: My leave to remain was extended under FLR(M). It expires on 20-Aug-2021

I've already passed my Life in the UK test in Nov-2020 and meet the salary requirement £18,600.

I understand from reading other posts on ILR that I'll be eligible to apply for ILR under under 5-year route on 14-Jun-2021 (5 years minus 28 days). I intend to use the super priority service for my SET(M) application (assuming this service will remain open).

My question is does the biometric appointment have to on or after 12-Jul-2021 or can it be any date from 14-Jun-2021 onwards?

The reason for this urgency is because by current passport expires on 15-Jul-2022. So ideally I want to get a decision on ILR in time so that when I complete 12 months on it and apply for British citizenship, I shouldn't have to renew my existing passport.

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Set (M) query

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:32 pm

mir_azam_k wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:22 pm
Dear Members

Best wishes for 2021.

I have a similar query but more specific on the biometric appointment date and would be grateful if Cullinan/Simba or some other experts can offer some advise.

I originally entered the UK on a Tier 4 general visa in Feb 2014 and got married to a British citizen in Jun 2016 whilst my student visa was still valid.

11-Jul-2016: I was granted leave to remain in the UK under FLR(M)
25-Jan-2019: My leave to remain was extended under FLR(M). It expires on 20-Aug-2021

I've already passed my Life in the UK test in Nov-2020 and meet the salary requirement £18,600.

I understand from reading other posts on ILR that I'll be eligible to apply for ILR under under 5-year route on 14-Jun-2021 (5 years minus 28 days). I intend to use the super priority service for my SET(M) application (assuming this service will remain open).

My question is does the biometric appointment have to on or after 12-Jul-2021 or can it be any date from 14-Jun-2021 onwards?

The reason for this urgency is because by current passport expires on 15-Jul-2022. So ideally I want to get a decision on ILR in time so that when I complete 12 months on it and apply for British citizenship, I shouldn't have to renew my existing passport.

Thank you
Please do not tag your questions onto someone else’s topic. Moderators please split topic.

You are eligible from 5 years minus 28 days from first entry in UK (or date of first FLR(M) issue).

For now, Super priority is suspended. If it resumes till then, I would still suggest you to book an appointment when you complete the 60 months (on the safer side).

As long your passport is valid for biometrics appointment you will be okay (even if you do not renew it).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Set (M)

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:38 pm

I thought your passport is expiring by 15th July 2021 but it’s actually 15th July 2022. I am afraid you may have to renew your passport till then for BC.

Also, if SP does not resume, obviously applications can take up to 6 months and your time for BC will start from date of approval.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mir_azam_k
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mir_azam_k » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:44 pm

Noted - thanks Cullinan.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:08 pm

mir_azam_k wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:22 pm
.... got married to a British citizen in Jun 2016

As the spouse of a British citizen, there’s no requirement to wait for a least one year on ILR. You may naturalise as soon as you hold ILR, subject to the other requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:21 pm

Good catch. Thanks @Vinny.

mir_azam_k
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mir_azam_k » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:47 pm

Understood. Thanks Vinny, that's very helpful.