ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gpranna
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by gpranna » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:09 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:18 am
gpranna wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:15 am
Hi
I am new here. A quick question. I am looking to book appointment for my family (4) in UKVACS site., but I don't see any free slots in the next 4 weeks. Are they even releasing any Free slots or are they releasing only paid slots now?. If they do release some free slots, is there any pattern on approximately when (what time of day, or any particular day) they release these free slots?.. Any guidance would be of great help.

Thanks, PG
Look tonight 00:01 AM GMT (What a way to start new year lol!!) . You will get one for 28th Jan. Free slots are rare and for that you need to keep checking the system regularly. You need 4 slots together so it will be difficult to get free slots or earlier slots (if any cancellations). Best will be to book for 28th Jan tonight.
Thank you. Will try that.. Happy New Year to all...

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Bleta2020 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:00 am

raj_262920 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:26 am
bex654 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:16 am
raj_262920 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:47 am
any set O applicants still waiting who applied late OCT and early NOV ?
Mine was early Oct mate and still waiting, not knowing what is happening.
ya, unbeleivable bias, people applied in DEC getting decisions while OCT and NOV applicants, and even some september applicants waiting.
Want to talk about bias? My set(o) application was made in June and still no response.

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Bleta2020 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:05 am

mesn wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:08 pm
sensoricaine wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:53 pm
Hi,
I am in the process of submitting my SET (O) Tier 2 G five year route. My visa lasts for one more year. So, although I am keen get my ILR asap but not in extreme rush. I won’t want to wait long after applying.

Like many others, I was hoping for a super priority application but that doesn’t seem possible at the moment.
May I ask fellow members if the availability of biometrics appointment at UKVACS is being significantly affected because of Tier 4 restrictions?

What’s the situation with the backlog? It seems biometrics is the rate limiting step.

Would there be any point in waiting for some weeks/ months in hope of super priority opening up or some backlog reduction/ quick appointments?

Thanks in advance
I waited 3 months till October for Priority which I shouldn't have. Don't see it coming back any time soon. Especially as there are massive (4M+) Set O IDV and Set M backlog. This hasn't improved in the last 4months and hence, not expecting to improve any time soon.

UKVCAS appointments are available only for 28days ahead and that too only at mid night. Again, this has been the case for a while. With some centers going offline, this as well wont back to the quick availability we had pre Covid. Even with Prio, this 1 month appointment wait time is going to be there.

Set O processing time is currently between 1-2 months (Nov and some Dec applicants have already gotten approvals). Might be worth applying now, getting a bio booked for a month later and you are likely to get a decision by Mar-April.
Not sure how many setO applications are being processed in 2 months but for sure mine is taking more than 6 and the application was prepared by a solicitor, which was thoroughly checked and almost guaranteed that there was no possibility of an application related delay. This makes me think that there is a serious fault in the process or the people that deal with the cases are not qualified / trained.

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Bleta2020 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:08 am

sensoricaine wrote:
Hi,
I am in the process of submitting my SET (O) Tier 2 G five year route. My visa lasts for one more year. So, although I am keen get my ILR asap but not in extreme rush. I won’t want to wait long after applying.

Like many others, I was hoping for a super priority application but that doesn’t seem possible at the moment.
May I ask fellow members if the availability of biometrics appointment at UKVACS is being significantly affected because of Tier 4 restrictions?

What’s the situation with the backlog? It seems biometrics is the rate limiting step.

Would there be any point in waiting for some weeks/ months in hope of super priority opening up or some backlog reduction/ quick appointments?

Thanks in advance
If your current brp is valid for another year I would not apply now, unless you will be allowed to travel while your application is ongoing.
I didn’t have to book an appointment, they used my biometrics submitted 2 years ago when applied to renew my tier2 general visa, you may be eligible for that too.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:16 am

Bleta2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:08 am
sensoricaine wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance
If your current brp is valid for another year I would not apply now, unless you will be allowed to travel while your application is ongoing.
I didn’t have to book an appointment, they used my biometrics submitted 2 years ago when applied to renew my tier2 general visa, you may be eligible for that too.
The IDV app is no longer in use and has been the case since mid September. All applicants must enroll biometrics at ukcvas except tier 4/student visa applicants.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Bleta2020 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:42 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:16 am
Bleta2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:08 am
sensoricaine wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance
The IDV app is no longer in use and has been the case since mid September. All applicants must enroll biometrics at ukcvas except tier 4/student visa applicants.
Oh I see, I wasnt aware of that. Best of luck, hopefully by the time you apply the immigration office has figured out how to process applications a bit faster

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Bleta2020 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:47 am

harryisababy wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:55 am
srd1982 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:33 am
I applied for ILR (M) on 4th September, and have heard nothing. Did what they asked and used the IDV app, and it seems like now being slowed down for having used the app they asked us to use.
So frustrating seeing ILR (O) applications made at beginning of December already approved within 3 weeks. How can they do this??
Does anyone know how recent the last ILR (M) application was approved?
I'm on the same boat, applied on 16 Sep and used the app. My current visa expires shortly, and I mentioned this to my employer, they've requested a right to work check. I hope that will make them aware that SET (M) applicants actually need to work too!
All ILR applicants converting from Tier2 General will need to be in employment otherwise the application is not valid. While your application is ongoing, the rules of your existing visa/ previous visa apply. I have applied for Set(O) in June, my Tier 2 General expired in July and since then my employer has had to extend the permit with the HO. Not sure what they call it but your employer should be able to update the HO that your application is ongoing, hence you are not in breach of any rule.

sensoricaine
India

Post by sensoricaine » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:49 am

Bleta2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:05 am
mesn wrote:
sensoricaine wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance
I waited 3 months till October for Priority which I shouldn't have. Don't see it coming back any time soon. Especially as there are massive (4M+) Set O IDV and Set M backlog. This hasn't improved in the last 4months and hence, not expecting to improve any time soon.

UKVCAS appointments are available only for 28days ahead and that too only at mid night. Again, this has been the case for a while. With some centers going offline, this as well wont back to the quick availability we had pre Covid. Even with Prio, this 1 month appointment wait time is going to be there.

Set O processing time is currently between 1-2 months (Nov and some Dec applicants have already gotten approvals). Might be worth applying now, getting a bio booked for a month later and you are likely to get a decision by Mar-April.
Not sure how many setO applications are being processed in 2 months but for sure mine is taking more than 6 and the application was prepared by a solicitor, which was thoroughly checked and almost guaranteed that there was no possibility of an application related delay. This makes me think that there is a serious fault in the process or the people that deal with the cases are not qualified / trained.
Thanks a lot dear. Very well explained.

Can I travel out of country in case of any urgency while the application is in process.

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:52 am

sensoricaine wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:49 am

Can I travel out of country in case of any urgency while the application is in process.

TIA
No, you cannot travel out of the UK while you have an application pending. If you do, your application will be considered withdrawn and you lose your fee paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:34 pm

Bleta2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:00 am
raj_262920 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:26 am
bex654 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:16 am
raj_262920 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:47 am
any set O applicants still waiting who applied late OCT and early NOV ?
Mine was early Oct mate and still waiting, not knowing what is happening.
ya, unbeleivable bias, people applied in DEC getting decisions while OCT and NOV applicants, and even some september applicants waiting.
Want to talk about bias? My set(o) application was made in June and still no response.
did you launch a complaint? as its been 6 months ! but i think there is a known delay for the IDV related applications !

sensoricaine
India

Post by sensoricaine » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:52 am
sensoricaine wrote:

TIA
No, you cannot travel out of the UK while you have an application pending. If you do, your application will be considered withdrawn and you lose your fee paid.
Thanks a lot. What about taking any unpaid leaves if needed while the application is in process.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:15 pm

sensoricaine wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:52 am
sensoricaine wrote:

TIA
Thanks a lot. What about taking any unpaid leaves if needed while the application is in process.
You can take leaves as long as you are above the minimum income cut off.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:18 pm

Bleta2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:05 am
mesn wrote:
sensoricaine wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Most Physical biometrics of Nov are processed. But there are few which are delayed of course. IDV cases for Set O had moved to September. Sorry to hear that you are still waiting. There was an issue in June for Solicitor based applications. UKVCAS had some issue linking the applications. But if you got the IDV invitation and did your verification on App, I think you are good from your side. As it's been more than 6 months, you can escalate and involve your MP as well. Best of luck.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:43 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:49 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:29 am
poper wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 am
Am I the only SET LR August applicant waiting for a decision :(
I know there are a couple of July SET LR applicants waiting as well.
Still 5 August Set LR applicants outstanding in my list
Still waiting here- July SET LR :(
Me too ✋ from July. :(

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:30 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:43 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:49 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:29 am
poper wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 am
Am I the only SET LR August applicant waiting for a decision :(
I know there are a couple of July SET LR applicants waiting as well.
Still 5 August Set LR applicants outstanding in my list
Still waiting here- July SET LR :(
Me too ✋ from July. :(
Hopefully you will receive your decision before 6 months completion
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

lukeh8793
United States of America

Post by lukeh8793 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:53 am

Finally got my approval today!
SET(O) 5 years no dependents
Applied 1 September 2020
Submitted IDV 21 September 2020
Right to Work shows “no limit on how long you can stay in the UK” 4 January 2021 (I check every day) - waiting for solicitor to email me with the official approval...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:09 am

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:12 am

JeffWebb wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:33 pm
jmcalla wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 am
Hi everyone, I applied for my ILR Set M on 20th August, sent biometrics on 5th September (IDV App). I thought I had a very straightforward case, as in no dependants, both employed, applying in Cat D with cash savings... But still nothing! I've never received any communication either. Just thought I'd post here for other people who are in the same situation as me to see they're not alone :(
Hi jmcalla,
I can add one more 'in a similar boat' application: my wife's SET(M); applied on 4th September and biometrics submitted via IDV app on 11th September. There has been an eerie silence from HO since then. Thankfully we can continue waiting with no urgent travel to undertake or ILR-dependent jobs to loose.
Hi,
The same with my wife's application, applied for SET(M) on 19th Aug, submitted docs via app on 07/09 and then biometrics on 22/09 (eventhough biometrics could have been reused)... still haven't had any correspondence from HO. Was wondeirng if anyone had a list off all the SET(M) timelines like the one done for the other categories.

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:04 pm

Whizart wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:29 pm
FINALLY! Got my approval today after 7+ Months of distressing wait! Applied SET (LR) on 15th May and received decision email today @15.35pm

Date of Application (Standard service): 15/05/2020
Biometric Reuse email received: 04/07/2020
Documents Submitted to UKVI via UKVCAS website: 12/07/2020
IDV App Invitation email received: 26/08/2020
Facial Image & Other Requirement Submitted via IDV App: 26/08/2020
In Person Biometric Appointment (Dual Submission): 03/09/2020 (Lansdowne road, Croydon / £135)

Caseworker Emails / Other Correspondence:
5/10/2020 - “Complex Issue” Letter received on email: Letter stated due to complex issue cannot make a decision within 6 months, however we will aim to decide the application by Feb 2021. (After 5 months of waiting I didn’t expect this email from HO)
29/10/2020- Wrote to HO to expedite my case due to Family Health Emergency with Medical Evidence (Emailed and Posted via recorded delivery)
5/11/2020 – Caseworker emailed me acknowledging the receipt of my request. However, stated that he cannot make a decision on my case at present as they require more time to consider my case.
16/11/2020 (6 Months Threshold reached) Contacted MP and asked them to request UKVI to expedite my case due to Family Health Emergency.
26/11/2020 – MP received a standard response from UKVI: We aim to process all application within 6 months, however following our assessment on Mr. X case, unfortunately it appears his application will not be processed within the six-month target. This is because his application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider his case thoroughly and reach a decision.
30/11/2020 – Filed a complaint online to HO: Stating all reason + how this unreasonable wait time has impacted my personal and professional life.
18/12/2020 – Decision Email received (Email received from livsetdecisionservice@homeoffice.gov.uk undersigned by caseworker)

A BIG thank you to @CULLINAN and @CR001 for all the help and support. I would also like to thank all the other members and legends for their valuable contribution to this forum @poper @ajitu92 @Ameline @iamawonder and others.
I understand the wait could be painful and emotionally draining, but hang in there guys your decision will arrive soon. All the very best for everyone waiting. I wish you all receive a decision in 2020.

Like to sum it up by saying – Alhamduillah.

Congratulations, may i know did u get approval for your spouse as well?

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:13 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:09 am
Hi Cullinan,

You reckon self submission before the appointment can save some processing time? As i had my appointment booked for today but cancelled by UKVCAS and now my appointment is on 28th which is almost 2 months after the application date.

So if i submit my documents now will this save some processing time?

Regards

wty889
Newly Registered
China

Post by wty889 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:17 pm

lukeh8793 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:53 am
Applied 1 September 2020
Right to Work shows “no limit on how long you can stay in the UK” 4 January 2021 (I check every day) - waiting for solicitor to email me with the official approval...
Congrats :) May I ask how you checked your right to work on the UK GOV website everyday? Did you select "I have a UK Visas and Immigration account" then use your passport number or did you select "I have a biometric residence card or permit" then used your Tier 2 BRP card? Thank you in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:18 pm

@zeeshi1122
Do you have anything to loose with self-submission? You can only gain, nothing to loose.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lukeh8793
United States of America

Post by lukeh8793 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:53 pm

wty889 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:17 pm
lukeh8793 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:53 am
Applied 1 September 2020
Congrats :) May I ask how you checked your right to work on the UK GOV website everyday? Did you select "I have a UK Visas and Immigration account" then use your passport number or did you select "I have a biometric residence card or permit" then used your Tier 2 BRP card? Thank you in advance.
I have a BRP + T2G BRP number
I also got approval letter from solicitor just now
Can’t believe I finally got it after 4 months. It screwed up my Xmas break (couldn’t leave the UK so couldn’t go home) but hey I got it now...

bex654
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bex654 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:08 pm

Got my approval letter from the solicitor earlier. I guess I was the last person left to be approved from Oct, given there was no IDV app bio submission since Oct.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:09 pm

bex654 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:08 pm
Got my approval letter from the solicitor earlier. I guess I was the last person left to be approved from Oct, given there was no IDV app bio submission since Oct.
Good news, congratulations !