ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swissman20
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by swissman20 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:46 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:37 pm
schen wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:37 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:31 pm
schen wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:10 pm

Cheers! You're a walking encyclopedia! :)
Set LR applications are processed in Liverpool
Thank you! I noticed the most recent LR approvals are for the ones who applied on 2nd Sep, hope we can get results in a week or two!
Yeah, there have been approvals for a couple of applications further on in September (reported on Facebook) but they seem to be exceptions.

Let's hope this lockdown doesn't royally talk to things up...
Hi Ajit,

Could you please share what the dates are for the LR applications who've had approval further on in September?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:08 am

swissman20 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:46 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:37 pm
schen wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:37 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Set LR applications are processed in Liverpool
Thank you! I noticed the most recent LR approvals are for the ones who applied on 2nd Sep, hope we can get results in a week or two!
Yeah, there have been approvals for a couple of applications further on in September (reported on Facebook) but they seem to be exceptions.

Let's hope this lockdown doesn't royally talk to things up...
Hi Ajit,

Could you please share what the dates are for the LR applications who've had approval further on in September?
6th, 11th and 12th reportedly. I assume this was caseworker(s) who had not taken their annual leave during the Christmas period like most other people, and had those applications allocated to them...so, not the norm.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:20 am

Ok positive signs nevertheless, glass half full and all that. My application date is October 25th so I have a ways to go...

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:37 am

poper wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:30 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:43 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:49 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:29 am

Still 5 August Set LR applicants outstanding in my list
Still waiting here- July SET LR :(
Me too ✋ from July. :(
Hopefully you will receive your decision before 6 months completion
Really hope so before 6 months time. Have we seen anyone receiving after that? As this wait is really getting to me :|

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:54 pm

I contacted UKVCAS on twitter today:
Attachments
812B8A27-1A80-468D-8FEC-B21F0970B825.jpeg
812B8A27-1A80-468D-8FEC-B21F0970B825.jpeg (197.87 KiB) Viewed 1527 times
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:48 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:37 am
poper wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:30 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:43 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:49 am

Still waiting here- July SET LR :(
Me too ✋ from July. :(
Hopefully you will receive your decision before 6 months completion
Really hope so before 6 months time. Have we seen anyone receiving after that? As this wait is really getting to me :|
Not in the recent past from the ILR timeline except for cases where the CW has clearly communicated of a complex case
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:43 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Bleta2020 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:10 pm

mesn wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:18 pm
Bleta2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:05 am
mesn wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:08 pm
sensoricaine wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:53 pm
Hi,
I am in the process of submitting my SET (O) Tier 2 G five year route. My visa lasts for one more year. So, although I am keen get my ILR asap but not in extreme rush. I won’t want to wait long after applying.

Like many others, I was hoping for a super priority application but that doesn’t seem possible at the moment.
May I ask fellow members if the availability of biometrics appointment at UKVACS is being significantly affected because of Tier 4 restrictions?

What’s the situation with the backlog? It seems biometrics is the rate limiting step.

Would there be any point in waiting for some weeks/ months in hope of super priority opening up or some backlog reduction/ quick appointments?

Thanks in advance
I waited 3 months till October for Priority which I shouldn't have. Don't see it coming back any time soon. Especially as there are massive (4M+) Set O IDV and Set M backlog. This hasn't improved in the last 4months and hence, not expecting to improve any time soon.

UKVCAS appointments are available only for 28days ahead and that too only at mid night. Again, this has been the case for a while. With some centers going offline, this as well wont back to the quick availability we had pre Covid. Even with Prio, this 1 month appointment wait time is going to be there.

Set O processing time is currently between 1-2 months (Nov and some Dec applicants have already gotten approvals). Might be worth applying now, getting a bio booked for a month later and you are likely to get a decision by Mar-April.
Not sure how many setO applications are being processed in 2 months but for sure mine is taking more than 6 and the application was prepared by a solicitor, which was thoroughly checked and almost guaranteed that there was no possibility of an application related delay. This makes me think that there is a serious fault in the process or the people that deal with the cases are not qualified / trained.
Most Physical biometrics of Nov are processed. But there are few which are delayed of course. IDV cases for Set O had moved to September. Sorry to hear that you are still waiting. There was an issue in June for Solicitor based applications. UKVCAS had some issue linking the applications. But if you got the IDV invitation and did your verification on App, I think you are good from your side. As it's been more than 6 months, you can escalate and involve your MP as well. Best of luck.
Oh i meant i had a solicitor to review the application to ensure all was correct but they did not apply on my behalf. I escalated to the MP in December but have not heard anything yet. What is more disappointing is that the immigration office doesn’t feel like providing an update or recognise that we have the right to know what is causing the delay especially after paying £2400. I suppose that’s what you get for having such a powerless passport.

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Bleta2020 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:11 pm

mesn wrote:
Bleta2020 wrote:
mesn wrote:
sensoricaine wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:53 pm
Hi,
I am in the process of submitting my SET (O) Tier 2 G five year route. My visa lasts for one more year. So, although I am keen get my ILR asap but not in extreme rush. I won’t want to wait long after applying.

Like many others, I was hoping for a super priority application but that doesn’t seem possible at the moment.
May I ask fellow members if the availability of biometrics appointment at UKVACS is being significantly affected because of Tier 4 restrictions?

What’s the situation with the backlog? It seems biometrics is the rate limiting step.

Would there be any point in waiting for some weeks/ months in hope of super priority opening up or some backlog reduction/ quick appointments?

Thanks in advance
I waited 3 months till October for Priority which I shouldn't have. Don't see it coming back any time soon. Especially as there are massive (4M+) Set O IDV and Set M backlog. This hasn't improved in the last 4months and hence, not expecting to improve any time soon.

UKVCAS appointments are available only for 28days ahead and that too only at mid night. Again, this has been the case for a while. With some centers going offline, this as well wont back to the quick availability we had pre Covid. Even with Prio, this 1 month appointment wait time is going to be there.

Set O processing time is currently between 1-2 months (Nov and some Dec applicants have already gotten approvals). Might be worth applying now, getting a bio booked for a month later and you are likely to get a decision by Mar-April.
Not sure how many setO applications are being processed in 2 months but for sure mine is taking more than 6 and the application was prepared by a solicitor, which was thoroughly checked and almost guaranteed that there was no possibility of an application related delay. This makes me think that there is a serious fault in the process or the people that deal with the cases are not qualified / trained.
Most Physical biometrics of Nov are processed. But there are few which are delayed of course. IDV cases for Set O had moved to September. Sorry to hear that you are still waiting. There was an issue in June for Solicitor based applications. UKVCAS had some issue linking the applications. But if you got the IDV invitation and did your verification on App, I think you are good from your side. As it's been more than 6 months, you can escalate and involve your MP as well. Best of luck.
Oh i meant i had a solicitor to review the application to ensure all was correct but they did not apply on my behalf. I escalated to the MP in December but have not heard anything yet. What is more disappointing is that the immigration office doesn’t feel like providing an update or recognise that we have the right to know what is causing the delay especially after paying £2400. I suppose that’s what you get for having such a powerless passport.

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Bleta2020 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:21 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:34 pm
Bleta2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:00 am
raj_262920 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:26 am
bex654 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:16 am

Mine was early Oct mate and still waiting, not knowing what is happening.
ya, unbeleivable bias, people applied in DEC getting decisions while OCT and NOV applicants, and even some september applicants waiting.
Want to talk about bias? My set(o) application was made in June and still no response.
did you launch a complaint? as its been 6 months ! but i think there is a known delay for the IDV related applications !
I submitted a complaint over the weekend, but they take also long to get back to you (I think they said 20 working days) and I am not confident they will resolve the issue. I was not aware there were delays with IDV applications, I have seen plenty of posts where people have applied after me, submitted the docs via IDV and got their responses reasonably soon. Anyways, it is what it is.

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Bleta2020 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:36 pm

ntuleimat wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:04 pm
Hi,
Our application is set (M) submitted on 17th of August with biometrics submitted via IDV on 7th of September.
I logged to the application now to find that in the Further Actions tab they are asking to book an appointment to provide biometrics and supporting documents by 17 October.
Does it mean that the submission on the IDV is no longer sufficient and we have to book an appointment? This is given we never received an email or letter about this.

Thanks,
Not sure if anyone else has responded to you, but if i log to my application also says to book an appointment by 28th August, however I submitted my docs through IDV. Don’t think they bothered to change that last page of the application, which is very confusing.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:43 pm

Bleta2020 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:36 pm
ntuleimat wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:04 pm
Hi,
Our application is set (M) submitted on 17th of August with biometrics submitted via IDV on 7th of September.
I logged to the application now to find that in the Further Actions tab they are asking to book an appointment to provide biometrics and supporting documents by 17 October.
Does it mean that the submission on the IDV is no longer sufficient and we have to book an appointment? This is given we never received an email or letter about this.

Thanks,
Not sure if anyone else has responded to you, but if i log to my application also says to book an appointment by 28th August, however I submitted my docs through IDV. Don’t think they bothered to change that last page of the application, which is very confusing.
It is normal.

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Bleta2020 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:06 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:44 am
Platypus wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:03 am
Hi, I had a quick question that I can't quite seem to find an answer to here. In uploading my documents to the UKVCAs - do I scan and upload every single page of my passport, spouse's passport, and my previous passport? or just the front and back page?
I am applying under SET (M) for ILR.
Apologies if this has been covered before.
Best practice to scan all pages. As a minimum, compulsory pages are front, back and all pages with immigration stamps and visa vignettes.
Maybe irrelevant to respond now but if someone has the same question, my solicitor said to scan only front page, back and visa vignette, no other pages.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:08 pm

Bleta2020 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:06 pm
Maybe irrelevant to respond now but if someone has the same question, my solicitor said to scan only front page, back and visa vignette, no other pages.
How do you plan to prove your continuous residence for ILR then?
Different routes have different requirements. For SETM there are no absence limits but for other routes there are.

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Bleta2020 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:08 pm
Bleta2020 wrote:
Different routes have different requirements. For SETM there are no absence limits but for other routes there are.
I am asked to provide dates I was absent from the country which i declared in an excel sheet, the home office i hope has a system then can check the absences from the country otherwise would talk to over many people who lose their passports during this time. Also i thought i could send flight tickets etc, and the solicitor said it was not necessary.

Bleta2020
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Bleta2020 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pm

Bleta2020 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:35 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Bleta2020 wrote:
Correction*
I am asked to provide dates I was absent from the country which i declared in an excel sheet, the home office i hope has a system then can check the absences from the country otherwise would talk to over many people who lose their passports during this time. Also i thought i could send flight tickets etc, and the solicitor said it was not necessary.

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:18 am

zeeshi1122 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:04 pm
Whizart wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:29 pm
FINALLY! Got my approval today after 7+ Months of distressing wait! Applied SET (LR) on 15th May and received decision email today @15.35pm

Date of Application (Standard service): 15/05/2020
Biometric Reuse email received: 04/07/2020
Documents Submitted to UKVI via UKVCAS website: 12/07/2020
IDV App Invitation email received: 26/08/2020
Facial Image & Other Requirement Submitted via IDV App: 26/08/2020
In Person Biometric Appointment (Dual Submission): 03/09/2020 (Lansdowne road, Croydon / £135)

Congratulations, may i know did u get approval for your spouse as well?
Thanks mate! And No, still awaiting a decision on my wife's case. We wrote to HO last week but we haven't heard anything back yet.

camil
Newly Registered

Post by camil » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:33 am

Bleta2020 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:44 am
Platypus wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:03 am
Hi, I had a quick question that I can't quite seem to find an answer to here. In uploading my documents to the UKVCAs - do I scan and upload every single page of my passport, spouse's passport, and my previous passport? or just the front and back page?
I am applying under SET (M) for ILR.
Apologies if this has been covered before.
Best practice to scan all pages. As a minimum, compulsory pages are front, back and all pages with immigration stamps and visa vignettes.
yes same here, our solicitor said the same thing. front-back -visa. I will re-ask her. I have 10s of visa pages in my passport, used to work internationally,

camil
Newly Registered

Post by camil » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:35 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Bleta2020 wrote:
wouldn't case worker have the original passport in hand? also providing an excel for absences.
ps: I am set o applicant.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:16 am

camil wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:35 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Bleta2020 wrote:
wouldn't case worker have the original passport in hand? also providing an excel for absences.
ps: I am set o applicant.
@camil , originals documents are NOT submitted anymore!! Everything is scanned digitally to ukcvas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kumar555
India

Post by Kumar555 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:18 am

Bleta2020 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:11 pm
mesn wrote:
Bleta2020 wrote:
mesn wrote:

I don't understand a point, even if it is complicated application, they should be looked at and a decision should be made. Thats happens when you go on "Super Priority" right. Now because "Super Priority" is not available is not our fault, so be it a complex or easy application, CW should go on chronological order, either from Application submitted date or physical Biometric appointment date.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:37 am

Kumar555 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:44 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:21 pm
Any Set O applicants from early NOV still waiting for decision ?
@raj_262920

I am still waiting for the decision. Set (O) Dependent + 1 (5 Year Route)
Submitted Application on 13th Nov
Bio-metric Appointment - Croydon 19th Nov.

I am getting anxious but we have no choice other than to wait
Hi Kumar
yes, it get delayed and we get anxious ! i am main applicant.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:37 am

Kumar555 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:18 am

I don't understand a point, even if it is complicated application, they should be looked at and a decision should be made. Thats happens when you go on "Super Priority" right. Now because "Super Priority" is not available is not our fault, so be it a complex or easy application, CW should go on chronological order, either from Application submitted date or physical Biometric appointment date.
No. super priority service is not a guaranteed service. For a complex case, the decision takes longer and the super priority fee is refunded
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Kumar555
India

Post by Kumar555 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:05 am

poper wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:37 am
Kumar555 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:18 am

No. super priority service is not a guaranteed service. For a complex case, the decision takes longer and the super priority fee is refunded
Thanks Poper, Sorry I didn't know that

Shanvasu
United Kingdom

Post by Shanvasu » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:09 am

Hi Poper - what is the status on your application, I'm bit confused why it is taking time for 10 years straight Tier 2 ICT to make a decision, where set o are going through smoothly, I'm on same as you, so wondering what is going with CW.

[/quote]

[/quote]