ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status with PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alexdreame
Newly Registered
Argentina

Settled status with PR

Post by alexdreame » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well.

I have been approved for citizenship on the 19th of October 2020, and as so many of us still expecting the invitation for the ceremony. I am just wondering if I should apply for the settled status whilst waiting for the invitation letter? I don't believe it would affect my citizenship process, right? I am also wondering would anyone know what and how much evidence I need to provide if I apply for the settled status with PR card which expired on 31/12/2020. Thank you so much. Alex

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Settled status with PR

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:14 am

alexdreame wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:08 pm
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well.

I have been approved for citizenship on the 19th of October 2020, and as so many of us still expecting the invitation for the ceremony. I am just wondering if I should apply for the settled status whilst waiting for the invitation letter? I don't believe it would affect my citizenship process, right? I am also wondering would anyone know what and how much evidence I need to provide if I apply for the settled status with PR card which expired on 31/12/2020. Thank you so much. Alex
There is no point. Your settled status will be lost the moment you attend that ceremony
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

alexdreame
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by alexdreame » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:37 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:14 am
alexdreame wrote:
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well.

There is no point. Your settled status will be lost the moment you attend that ceremony
Hey, I hope you are well. Thank you so much for your answer. I will wait for the ceremony as I sincerely hope it would be done by June.

Hansi89
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by Hansi89 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:39 am

alexdreame wrote:
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well.

Hi,

I am still waiting for a decision for my citizenship application but I have applied for settled status in the mean time because until you had the ceremony you are not a citizen and approval letter, invitation etc is not valid proof of residency after 30-June-2021. as you had the approval, hopefully you will get the invitation letter soon and have the ceremony before June!

below text is from https://www.gov.uk/british-citizenship
You must apply for permission to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

If you have not been granted citizenship and had a citizenship ceremony, apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Citizenship applications usually take around 6 months to process and may take longer. You cannot stay in the UK after 30 June 2021 while you wait for citizenship, unless you have permission to stay here in another way. For example, if you have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
you could wait until end of Feb or March and see how things are progressing with your letter and ceremony and then you would still have time to apply for settled status.

alexdreame
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by alexdreame » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:04 am

Hansi89 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:39 am
alexdreame wrote:
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well.

Hi,

I am still waiting for a decision for my citizenship application but I have applied for settled status in the mean time because until you had the ceremony you are not a citizen and approval letter, invitation etc is not valid proof of residency after 30-June-2021. as you had the approval, hopefully you will get the invitation letter soon and have the ceremony before June!

below text is from https://www.gov.uk/british-citizenship
You must apply for permission to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

If you have not been granted citizenship and had a citizenship ceremony, apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Citizenship applications usually take around 6 months to process and may take longer. You cannot stay in the UK after 30 June 2021 while you wait for citizenship, unless you have permission to stay here in another way. For example, if you have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
you could wait until end of Feb or March and see how things are progressing with your letter and ceremony and then you would still have time to apply for settled status.
Thank you! I hope it all goes well for you and you will get the decision soon. This process has really tested the patience of us all and I sincerely hope it will be concluded soon for everyone on here.