ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on ILR LR form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

10 year ILR query

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:54 pm

hi there,

my current tier 2 ict visa and my dependent's visa is expiring on 18nov20. Though I'm eligible for ILR (after 20sept) via 10-year route, my dependents are eligible for 10-year-ILR only after 17 Jan2021, In this scenario,

Can we all not apply just before 18Nov20 for ILR separately? considering dependents' application only be considered once my application is processed and has a positive outcome and since it takes around average 6 months in processing, dependents will be eligible by the time its their turn.

please let me know. thank you.

( I came to UK on 20Oct10 and dependents came on 1March2011).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 year ILR query

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:02 pm

Can we all not apply just before 18Nov20 for ILR separately? considering dependents' application only be considered once my application is processed
No. There is no dependent concept for ilr based o moving residnece. Each person applying must qualify in their own right. It makes absolutely no difference whether you get ilr or not.

Your dependents only qualify for ilr based in long residence within 28 days before the 10th anniversary of the date they entered the UK, so in their case, they can apply anytime from 3rd February 2021 only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:11 pm

thanks CR001

I understand that the dependents can't apply together. what I meant is : if the dependents make their individual applications for ILR 17Nov20. By the time, their application is looked at, they would be eligible for ILR, assuming this happens after 3rd Feb (due to high volume of backlog and December holiday period).

if above is not possible at all, alternatively, I believe the dependents can make FLM application on 17Nov, and vary the application to ILR on 3rd Feb21? is this possible?

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Applications are not taking 6 months. The backlog is also almost cleared now.

Yes they can vary provided a decision has not been made on FLR m. Again, these also rarely take very long.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:25 pm

thanks a lot. kind regards

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Hi Again, further to above question. please could you advise what option out of below, would be better in current scenario of Covid19.

Option 1: I apply for ILR and my family submits pbs dependent extension applications at the same time by 18 November 2020. Once these applications are approved, my family can then apply for ILR once they meet their eligibility dates in January 2021.

NOTE:- The super priority (24 hour) submission route is currently suspended, therefore ILR applications are currently taking approximately 6 months to process. This means that once the family's applications are submitted, they would not be able to travel for the entire duration of processing.

Option 2: I and my family extend our ICT leave for another 6 months, and then submit our ILR applications at the same time after 17 January 2021. Current ICT leave takes 8 weeks processing.

regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:29 pm

If all of you can get ILR in Jan 2021, apply then.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi There, thanks for helping with the queries. Now, I've got the first part done i.e. extended the tier 2 ICT for all of us. just follow up question;

1) all mine and family visas extended under ict until 1June21, since I'm already ILR eligible since Sept20, is it possible if I apply now and family apply in Jan21 rather all applying together in Jan21 for ILR? We understand that applications will be go separately.

2) also, extension approval letter advised to send back expired BRPs which otherwise attracts fine if not returned. I was not aware of this in 2015, when we extended 2nd time, and always held old brps (2012 to 15). with this said, I'm returning back the newly expired (15 to 20). hope this is not a problem.

regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:18 pm

1. Yes
2. In 2015, BRP had to be sent t UKVI as part of your application. Now you do not send original documents to UKVI, you are required to return the bRP
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Question on ILR LR form

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:26 pm

hi there,

I've below questions regarding ILR long residence application.

A) - Since we all family members have been living together always. How do we answer this question on my and spouse’s applications? Do we choose ‘You’ on both applications.

Who does this child normally live with?
1)You 2) spouse 3)other

B) Since my wife works seasonally and on part time basis only, how does she answer questions e.g. her annual salary, exact date of start of the employments - she has registered with multiple recruitment agencies and randomly works for couple of days or sometimes a week or two. she though has got P60s and also taken information of her total income and taxes from HMRC account.

Q3. How do we answer question below? Is this when we started living in UK(2011) or since when we got married (2005).

When did you start living together?

thanks a lot for your help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Question on ILR LR form

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:06 pm

Those questions are not important at all.
Answers:
YOU
ANY SALARY
Since 2011

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:33 pm

thank you. appreciated.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:00 pm

thanks again. further to elaborate on point B.

in P60, there are 4 employers that my spouse worked for in 2019-20. Do we need to put employer details of each of them separately in the ILR form in the details of employment section :

Or do we need to put the current employer where she has done some part time work in this financial year - 2020-21 but we have not got P60 for this year though?

please advise. thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:09 pm

mukesh_bhatt9 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:00 pm
thanks again. further to elaborate on point B.

in P60, there are 4 employers that my spouse worked for in 2019-20. Do we need to put employer details of each of them separately in the ILR form in the details of employment section :

Or do we need to put the current employer where she has done some part time work in this financial year - 2020-21 but we have not got P60 for this year though?

please advise. thanks
THis is not about P60. All employment history should be be declared