ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adequate maintenance allowance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hira__a
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Adequate maintenance allowance

Post by Hira__a » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi there
It’s my first post on here so not sure if I am posting in the correct category, so correct me if I’m wrong.

Anyway, regarding the financial requirement for spouse visa, I have a question about adequate mainatance allowance and whether I meet the requirements.
I have used this for information: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

So abit of background: I (British citizen) want to sponsor my husband (Pakistani national living in Italy). We have a infant daughter who is British citizen.
I live with my parents and pay no accommodation costs towards anything eg bills/food etc.

I receive carers allowance also work part time weekends, and have £9000 savings (with proof of where they came from and held for 6m+)

So carers allowance as i understand is:
A–B≥C (calculated weekly basis)

A minus B is greater than or equal to C. Where:
A is the net income (after deduction of income tax and National Insurance contributions);
B is housing costs (i.e. what needs to be spent on accommodation); and
C is the amount of Income Support an equivalent British family of that size can receive.

• So my net income (A) is £21.05 (child benefit) + £67.25 (carers allowance) + £122.08 (weekend job) + £62.93 (£9000 savings divided by 143 weeks) = £273.31.
• Housing costs (B) is zero.
• Income support equivalent (C) is £116.80
(Personal allowance (couple over 18)) +
£17.60 (Family premium) + £37.50 (Carer premium) + £68.27 (Child personal allowance) = £240.17

To calculate income support 20/21 I used this link taken from the above adequate maintenance document : https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/resources/ ... me_support

So, £273.31 (A) - £0 (B) is greater than £240.17.

So does that mean I meet the requirements?

Thanks!

Hira__a
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Adequate maintenance allowance

Post by Hira__a » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:55 pm

I’d really appreciate a reply please , thanks

mavaas11
United Kingdom

Post by mavaas11 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi

Looks perfect to me, I would advise some more savings just in case your balance drops, more never hurts £500-£1000. But even with the calculation it looks fine.

make sure the savings dont drop at anytime during the last 6 months from application date.

you will need 1 carers award letter and 1 statement of carers being paid into your bank account and 6 months savings bank statement.

All the best In Sha Allah

Hira__a
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hira__a » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:31 pm

Thanks so much for the reply, really appreciate it.
Yes my savings have been in my account since June, and haven’t dipped under £9000.

Just wondering is it ok to use my income money, or is there a limit on how much you can use/ how much should stay in the bank account. Usage such as general spending / online shopping / cash withdrawals etc. As yes, I don’t pay any bills or anything, but for my and my babies normal spending.
I know I won’t be touching the 9k savings, but what about my income?

Also, I understand that for my income (weekend job) I have to show 6 months bank statements + matching payslips. And show statements that show I’ve had savings not dip under 9k for 6 months at least.
What I don’t understand about carers allowance is that do I have to receive carers allowance for minimum 6 months in order to submit application? Or can it be less, e.g 4 months?

Because as you have mentioned (and I’ve read elsewhere) only the award letter from DWP and 1 statement to show the allowance being recieved is required (rather than them requiring 6 months statements showing carers allowance being paid/received).

Thank you

sauhs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sauhs » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:40 pm

Hi

As far as I read the updated guidance on Adequate Maintenance, they dont include 'family premium' in Part C of the calculations anymore. But you can double check with someone more knowledgable in this field

Hira__a
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hira__a » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:55 pm

Thanks for the replies.
However I didn’t get a reply for my previous question so I’m still not sure about spending from my account. I understand in order to use £9000 in savings for the visa application I can’t use them / make my account balance dip under £9000.
But apart from that is there a limit on how much of my monthly income (from my job and carers allowance) I can use?
If I want to widthdraw cash to spend or spend online etc can I do that without any worry/limit?

Also I don’t know if it’s correct to post this question under this thread, but this is a question about the TB test. My husband is a Pakistani national, but is a resident in Italy (and has been since the past 7+ years) , does he have to take the TB test?
According to this page of info https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa there is no need, as you have to be a RESIDENT of a country that comes in the list of countries for which a test is required. Pakistan comes in the list but Italy doesn’t. And he’s currently a resident of Italy not Pakistan.
Also it says you will not need a TB test if “you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months.” - - - - Which applies to my husband.
I think it’s quite self explanatory but as with everything to do with a spouse visa it’s very easy to doubt what I’m reading!
Please can someone confirm this that a TB test isn’t required. Thanks!

Hira__a
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hira__a » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:30 pm

Please can someone reply to my last post please. Is a TB test required for a Pakistani national who lives in Italy and is applying for a spouse visa from Italy. Thank you