ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Job Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ohoopee

Changing Job Questions

Post by Ohoopee » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:52 am

I have been living and working in Ireland since march. The company who hired me and got my work permit is a seasonal hotel. They will be closed for the months of January, Feb. and March. So my first question is, I have found another Hotel that is not seasonl and is open year round who is willing to hire me just for the off season so that I am able to earn a living. My first Question is, what do I need to do visa wise in order to work at this other hotel for the three months my hotel is closed?

On that same note, this second hotel who is open year round as made me a very attractive full time offer. I am only obligated to stay with my hotel until January 2nd when the season offically ends so... Since I am on a two year work permit, if I wanted to change jobs after this season ended and go to the year round job, would this other hotel have to apply for me a completely new visa or can I just which my visa over to the other company. If I can, how much is the fee? Any help too the above questions would be greatly appreciated.

Mandoryan
Newly Registered

Post by Mandoryan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:57 pm

I'm not entirely sure about working in hospitality, but I can tell you what I know about more "specialized" jobs. If your visa is still valid, all you need to do it have the company that is firing you write a letter stating why they are doing so. When you fill out the application for the NEW work permit (which you will need to work at the new job) send this letter and your old work permit along with the new application. They'll process it within two weeks, by-passing all of the usual hassle of posting the job and what not, and you don't have to leave the country while they are doing so. Like I mentioned earlier I'm not sure how this applies to more general jobs, but within a particular specialization (say, archaeobotany) that's the case.