ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISITOR VISA REFUSED - MY MOTHER APPLIED FROM INDIA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahnirali877
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

VISITOR VISA REFUSED - MY MOTHER APPLIED FROM INDIA

Post by shahnirali877 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi,

I and My husband are in the UK. My husband is a British Citizen employed full time and I am also employed full time and I am on a dependent visa, on my husband.

My mother in law applied from India as she wanted to join us as me and my husband expecting a baby but her application was refused because of the below reasons

"You have applied for a visa to visit the UK for a period of 3 months to visit your son and daughter-in-law. I have acknowledged that your UK sponsor has offered to maintain and accommodate you during your proposed trip and I acknowledge the letter and other documents you have provided pertaining to their financial circumstances. However I must also take your own circumstances in India into consideration when assessing your application.

You have stated in your application that you are retired and have no regular income. In support of your application you have submitted a bank statement and balance confirmation certificate from xxxxx Bank (account number ending 40xx). The closing balance on this account is 506,011 INR (£5062 using Oanda exchange rate). From the information you have provided the source of these funds is unknown. This leads me to question that your financial circumstances are as you have stated.

I am not satisfied with your circumstances in India and this leaves me to doubt your intentions in travelling to the UK at this time. Furthermore, you have not demonstrated how you support yourself on a regular basis nor have you demonstrated that you have, on the balance of probabilities, strong family, social or economic ties to your home country to satisfy me that you intend to leave the United Kingdom on completion of your visit. "

Above reason was given and caseworker wrote that they refused under paragraph V4.2(a) and (C)

Documents we kept
- Mine and my husband payslip, bank statement last 6 months
- GP letter inviting my mother in law
- Our passport and residence copies
- Sponsorship letter
- House accommodation letter
- tenancy agreement
- Mothers last three months saving bank statement and bank certificate 5 lakhs
- Mother original passport
- travel and medical insurance

if we want to apply again please advise what documents to show for my mothers in law strong family, social or economic tie-ups as she is retired from last year she was working for 25 yrs and my father law running business bears all her and household expense in India, all this my father in law spend as cash as he does not pay for vegetables or bills by card now how to explain this to the caseworker.

Please let us know if we apply again what other documents to be kept.

Thanks for your help in advance.

srsw

Re: VISITOR VISA REFUSED - MY MOTHER APPLIED FROM INDIA

Post by srsw » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:44 pm

You need to concentrate more on her ties with India, i.e. husband/marriage certificate, any other kids details (their passport copies, etc) and how often she visits or other kids visit her, any property/land on her/husband name, investments, rental income, mutual funds investment, etc. This is all to show that she will return back as is really invested in India & has enough social ties.

Also, if you apply again, you need to explain more about the 5 lakhs in her account, i.e. if you or others provide financial support on monthly/regular basis, or how your father in law earns regular business income (provide business related income details/documents), etc. of if that money came from any previous property/land sale then attach necessary sales deeds, etc.

Again, anything that you mention from above, make sure you add sufficient evidence.

It seems you covered UK side of documents well but not much on the India side.
If she has previously visited you, then you could also mention that she visited in the past and left the UK before her visa expired or as mentioned in the visa application.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

shahnirali877
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahnirali877 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:18 pm

Hi,

Many Thanks for your advise. Yes we are going to apply again and will send sufficient evidence

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:08 pm

Hi

Is your mother applying for the first time for a UK Visa??

If you don't mind me asking how long did it take for the application to be processed??

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:10 pm

shahnirali877 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:26 pm
Hi,

I and My husband are in the UK. My husband is a British Citizen employed full time and I am also employed full time and I am on a dependent visa, on my husband.

My mother in law applied from India as she wanted to join us as me and my husband expecting a baby but her application was refused because of the below reasons

"You have applied for a visa to visit the UK for a period of 3 months to visit your son and daughter-in-law. I have acknowledged that your UK sponsor has offered to maintain and accommodate you during your proposed trip and I acknowledge the letter and other documents you have provided pertaining to their financial circumstances. However I must also take your own circumstances in India into consideration when assessing your application.

You have stated in your application that you are retired and have no regular income. In support of your application you have submitted a bank statement and balance confirmation certificate from xxxxx Bank (account number ending 40xx). The closing balance on this account is 506,011 INR (£5062 using Oanda exchange rate). From the information you have provided the source of these funds is unknown. This leads me to question that your financial circumstances are as you have stated.

I am not satisfied with your circumstances in India and this leaves me to doubt your intentions in travelling to the UK at this time. Furthermore, you have not demonstrated how you support yourself on a regular basis nor have you demonstrated that you have, on the balance of probabilities, strong family, social or economic ties to your home country to satisfy me that you intend to leave the United Kingdom on completion of your visit. "

Above reason was given and caseworker wrote that they refused under paragraph V4.2(a) and (C)

Documents we kept
- Mine and my husband payslip, bank statement last 6 months
- GP letter inviting my mother in law
- Our passport and residence copies
- Sponsorship letter
- House accommodation letter
- tenancy agreement
- Mothers last three months saving bank statement and bank certificate 5 lakhs
- Mother original passport
- travel and medical insurance

if we want to apply again please advise what documents to show for my mothers in law strong family, social or economic tie-ups as she is retired from last year she was working for 25 yrs and my father law running business bears all her and household expense in India, all this my father in law spend as cash as he does not pay for vegetables or bills by card now how to explain this to the caseworker.

Please let us know if we apply again what other documents to be kept.

Thanks for your help in advance.
You should have checked with this forum. You need to provide strong financial and social ties back home in India and currently I dont think you shared much evidence on those. Whats a GP letter? You shouldn't make is sound like she will be here to look after the baby. Cover letter should talk about spending time together etc. As other have advised, please show immovable properties if possible and passport copies of her close family.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

shahnirali877
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahnirali877 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:54 pm

Yes, thanks a lot for the advice. Some told us to include a GP letter as well which can prove that my wife is pregnant and inviting my mother for support if possible.

shahnirali877
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahnirali877 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:55 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

My Mother got a decision in 4 days as we applied in priority

She came to the UK before and went back in time.