ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence letter Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srsw

Re: Absence letter Query

Post by srsw » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:22 am

chandruj wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:28 am
@srsw, Good Morning & Many Thanks for your answer.

Below lines are also printed in the letter. Is this ok?

xxxxx is providing this reference without prejudice and without any guarantee or responsibility on the
part of the xxxxx or its officials. If you’ve got any queries regarding this information, please do not
hesitate to contact us at the address above.

Is the below line fine while the addressee is in my name?

This information is for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, please return this letter to us
and destroy any copies.

Many Thanks in advance.
Yeah, some employers/HR tend to address the letter to only the employee and mark it confidential. Though the last paragraph is a bit over the top given your employer knows you will be submitting it to UKVI, but nevertheless I don't think there is anything to worry. UKVI will get the info they need in the letter.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

chandruj
United Kingdom

Post by chandruj » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:33 pm

@srsw, Many Thanks for your kind reply. Sorry one last question on this..

I came to UK on Saturday 20th Feb 2016 and joined 22nd Feb 2016 while the migrant's start date mentioned as '19 Feb 2016' in my CoS. Hope that is fine.

chandruj
United Kingdom

Post by chandruj » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:45 pm

@srsw, Got an update from my HR that update was made in the CoS on 15th Feb 2016 that my start date will be 22nd Feb 2016 and HR agreed to mention the same in the letter.

Many Thanks for your kind reply. Sorry one last question on this..

I came to UK on Saturday 20th Feb 2016 and joined 22nd Feb 2016 while the migrant's start date mentioned as '19 Feb 2016' in my CoS. Hope that is fine.

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:33 pm

Cool.. looks like everything in order now. Good luck!
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

chandruj
United Kingdom

Post by chandruj » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:46 pm

@srsw Many Thanks for your support and kind wishes 🙏