ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring parents when my Visa extension is with HO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saravanadeepan
India

Bring parents when my Visa extension is with HO

Post by saravanadeepan » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:47 pm

Hello Mates,

Happy new year!
I have applied for my skilled worker extension and I have got appointment in feb '21 to submit my biometrics along with my dependents. I understand the usual timing for visa application result is 6-8weeks, not sure how long it could go in this unprecedented time.
In this scenario, I would like to bring my parents from India as early as possible to UK through visit visa. Is it possible to apply visit visa for my parents where my visa is valid till only feb '21?

Or simply, how much validity me being sponsor should have in my visa to invite them here?

Thank you

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Bring parents when my Visa extension is with HO

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:58 am

Technically as you hold a valid visa and as long as your parents applied before the expiry of your visa all would ok.

The BUT part... Until your visa is renewed there is almost no chance your parents would be granted a visa... The ECO will easily refuse your parents on the basis that your continued stay / status in the UK is undecided and therefore reliance on you as their sponsor is unacceptable.

saravanadeepan
India

Re: Bring parents when my Visa extension is with HO

Post by saravanadeepan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:24 am

Cheers. Thank you very much for the reply