ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One-way or return ticket for 1st entry into UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jazzfan5
Newly Registered

One-way or return ticket for 1st entry into UK?

Post by jazzfan5 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:58 pm

Dear All

Please can you advise as to whether I must book a return flight ticket to enter the UK on the Tier 1 migrant visa? I am thinking based on when I get a job and the fact that I may not get vacation leave until a year after that, perhaps it might make more sense to purchase a one-way ticket. Especially since I will be allowed to be in the country for at least 3 years.

Has anyone successfully entered on a one-way ticket?

Thanks in advance for any help

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:28 pm

I would have thought it normal to enter on a one-way ticket; youre going there to live and work, not for a holiday!

bani

Post by bani » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 am

I, and many before and after myself, entered the UK with a HSMP/Tier 1 visa on a one-way ticket.

birdy1980

Re: One-way or return ticket for 1st entry into UK?

Post by birdy1980 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:33 am

jazzfan5 wrote:Dear All

Please can you advise as to whether I must book a return flight ticket to enter the UK on the Tier 1 migrant visa? I am thinking based on when I get a job and the fact that I may not get vacation leave until a year after that, perhaps it might make more sense to purchase a one-way ticket. Especially since I will be allowed to be in the country for at least 3 years.

Has anyone successfully entered on a one-way ticket?

Thanks in advance for any help
there is not compulsion to have a return ticket as a tier 1 visa is for 3 years and no airline gives you a return ticket for a date 3 years from now.

Dont worry, the question they will ask mainly(and in different ways) at the immigration centre is your purpose to visit UK.

Take care
birdy

jazzfan5
Newly Registered

Post by jazzfan5 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Hey guys

Thanks so much for the quick responses. I thought as much but I just wanted to make sure since all these countries are so strict regarding immigration issues these days.

Thanks again.
Jazzfan5