ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 years or 2.5 years of living evidence?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

2 years or 2.5 years of living evidence?

Post by Calicification112 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:19 pm

Hello everyone,

I have nearly completed my application form for SET(M) and near the end of the declaration page, it asks for "6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together the past 2.5 years"

However if I remember correctly when I was filling in the form, it mainly asked for the last 2 years of addresses which is th same address, but if it goes back to 2.5 years then it becomes a different address. Should I go back to my application and include the extra half a year and then this property's tenancy agreement? Do I include 2.5 years evidence without putting in this old address?

Some clarity and really black and white answers would be appreciated

Thank you :?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: 2 years or 2.5 years of living evidence?

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:25 pm

2 years.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:28 pm

Ok thank you that's what I thought. But on the final declaration page its specifically says that you will provide for 2.5 years? If I tick this box and I don't provide, will my application be effected? It's very strange that it would say that you are declaring this? will my application be rejected?

sorry for the Long winded answer

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:37 pm

Ignore. 2 years. Checklist is not accurate.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:38 pm

Ok, thanks so much Cullinan. You've made my mind feel very much at ease :D

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:52 pm

Calicification112 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:28 pm
Ok thank you that's what I thought. But on the final declaration page its specifically says that you will provide for 2.5 years? If I tick this box and I don't provide, will my application be effected? It's very strange that it would say that you are declaring this? will my application be rejected?

Stick to the 2years and you will be fine, no rejection.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:54 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:52 pm
Calicification112 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:28 pm

Stick to the 2years and you will be fine, no rejection.
Thanks a lot for the confirmation AmaonianX, it helps put the mind at ease quite a lot :D