ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB Test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Change adress on submitted application

Post by crazyewok123 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:45 pm

My Ecudaorian fiancee is temporary and legally in New york while awaiting her visa.
Unfortunately 2 days after submitting the application on the .gov website she was evicted and had to find a new room to rent out. As such the application has the wrong address.

Can this be changed without cancelling the application? Does it even matter?

Bio metrics have not been submitted and wont be until the 29th January.

The other think is she lost her original TB certificate, we do have a photo of it but should we just get the hospital to send out a new copy?

This is the second time we have done this, her first fiancee visa got approved so we have all the other evidence and meet all the requirements, unfortunately COVID screwed things up.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Change adress on submitted application

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:18 pm

crazyewok123 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:45 pm
My Ecudaorian fiancee is temporary and legally in New york while awaiting her visa.
Unfortunately 2 days after submitting the application on the .gov website she was evicted and had to find a new room to rent out. As such the application has the wrong address.

Can this be changed without cancelling the application? Does it even matter? I do not believe it matters.

Bio metrics have not been submitted and wont be until the 29th January.

The other think is she lost her original TB certificate, we do have a photo of it but should we just get the hospital to send out a new copy? A clear copy should be fine as long as it is clear although TB certificate is rarely asked at the airport but a photo of it can be printed out.

This is the second time we have done this, her first fiancee visa got approved so we have all the other evidence and meet all the requirements, unfortunately COVID screwed things up. You have previous applied for a fiancee visa in the past so are you now reapplying again? this is not clear?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crazyewok123 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:45 pm

O that's because her father had a heart attack and went into heart failure and had to go back to ecuador for a few weeks as they thought he was going to die then two weeks later WAM COVID 19 hit and she got stuck there and her visa expired. Hence why we are having to get a knew one.

What we are more worried about is the change to her address in new york. How do we update it on the application and does it even matter? Money tight as it is and we dont want the application rejected because the address has now changed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:49 pm

You could have simply applied for a new 6 month visa vignette due to inability to travel. You didn't need to apply for a whole new visa.

Add a cover letter regarding address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:15 am

It is stated here, quoted below.

Consider that and decide if you want to withdraw your application (as you state biometrics have not been provided, and if funds are tight) and apply for an extension of the expired vignette or continue with the application.
If your 30 day or 90 day visa vignette to work, study or join family has expired

If your 90 day vignette has expired, you will need to apply for a replacement by completing the online form. The cost of replacing an expired 90 day vignette is £154 and you will need to make an appointment to resubmit your biometric information.

We strongly advise that you only apply for a new visa, or apply to replace an expired vignette, when you are confident you can travel to the UK. The new vignette will be valid for a period of 90 days. If you cannot travel during this time, you may need to apply again to update your vignette.

If you have submitted an application for a replacement vignette, and are still awaiting a decision, but now no longer intend to travel, you should submit a withdrawal request at the Visa Application Centre that you applied from in order for your passport to be released back to you.

We will continue to replace 30 day vignettes free of charge for eligible customers until 31 December 2020.

To request a replacement 30 day visa you can either:

contact the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre
arrange to return your passport to your VAC if it has re-opened
Contacting the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre:

You’ll need to include your name, nationality, date of birth and your GWF reference number with ‘REPLACEMENT 30 DAY VISA’ in the subject line. If you’ve already contacted us about this, please let us know in your email.

Contact the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crazyewok123 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:28 pm

Apparently we didn't qualify for a extension as her visa expired in may and she had already visited the UK before she returned.

Well that's what the government email said and I dont think even they know what the hell they are doing.

So just putting the change in address in the cover letter will be ok?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:42 pm

crazyewok123 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:28 pm
Apparently we didn't qualify for a extension as her visa expired in may and she had already visited the UK before she returned.
What did she use to visit the UK? Was this after the expiration of the fiance visa?
So just putting the change in address in the cover letter will be ok?
It's one way to address it and hope the caseworker picks up on it.

Apparently, there is also this option.

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crazyewok123 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 am

She got her original Fiancee Visa in december 2019. She came to the UK January 2020. Stayed until feb 2020 when she went home to her father and possible funeral with intent to return in late march for our April wedding.
Then some twat ate a infected bat and everywhere got shut down due COVID. She got stuck in Ecuador and her visa expired.

So that's how she was in the UK.

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crazyewok123 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:48 am

And she in the USA as we where meant to have our honeymoon there and she had a USA tourist visa. As Ecuador has pretty much collapsed due to COVID we decided it was safer to stay with some family she has in NY while her new UK visa gets processed.

So all legal

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:55 pm

crazyewok123 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:48 am
And she in the USA as we where meant to have our honeymoon there and she had a USA tourist visa. As Ecuador has pretty much collapsed due to COVID we decided it was safer to stay with some family she has in NY while her new UK visa gets processed.

So all legal
What type of visa or leave does she have to stay in USA? If I read well tourist visa?

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crazyewok123 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:28 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:55 pm

What type of visa or leave does she have to stay in USA? If I read well tourist visa?
180 days tourist visa.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:38 pm

crazyewok123 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:28 pm
AmazonianX wrote:

180 days tourist visa.
She normally will not be able to do such an application from a countrywide she has only temporary or short term leave to stay.
Lets see Gurus and Mods views if due to covid-19 it can be overlooked by HO.

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crazyewok123 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:00 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:38 pm
crazyewok123 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:28 pm
AmazonianX wrote:

180 days tourist visa.
She normally will not be able to do such an application from a countrywide she has only temporary or short term leave to stay.
Lets see Gurus and Mods views if due to covid-19 it can be overlooked by HO.
She was also raped in her own country due to the breakdown in Ecuador so she really doesn't want to return there......
We paid for a fast track service so we would get a decision before the visa expires.

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crazyewok123 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:03 pm

I mean is there any room for compassion here?

The government let me fill in there initial form and pay and there commercial partners has let me book a biometrics appointment and the only thing it has asked was legal proof she can reside in the USA until the decision was made.

I am having a panic attack here and nearly at the point of break down and a really dont want to tell her as she will have a breakdown with her PTSD at the though of going back to ecuador.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:38 am

Korekt wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:42 pm
crazyewok123 wrote:
What did she use to visit the UK? Was this after the expiration of the fiance visa?

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crazyewok123 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:44 pm

Not sure what the confusion is?

She got issued the fiance visa in december 2019
she came over on that visa
She returned feburay 2020 for the family reason mentioned.
Covid struck.
She could not return to UK
Visa expired
In November she used her US tourist visa valid for 6 months to stay with family while we get apply and get a new visa to escape the trauma she suffered in Ecuador.

Now we are seeking a new fiancee Visa.

I have even contacted a immigration lawyer now who has confirmed its all above board and we should not have issues..

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:18 am

crazyewok123 wrote:
It's the highlighted bit above that's contributed to the confusion. It gives the impression that she may have entered the UK on a visit visa; which is a whole different thing. It's now clear what you meant is that she entered the UK on the granted fiance visa.

If this was clear from your initial posts, you wouldn't have been advised to apply to extend the expired vignette.

It appears you've now got things in hand. All the best with the application and your future.

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

TB Test

Post by crazyewok123 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:12 pm

Ok as per my first post.

I have my fiancee who is a Ecuadorian Citizen.
She is residing in the USA on a 6 months tourist visa while we are doing her UK fiancee visa application.
This is due to the collapse of her country with COVID and her being raped and needing a safe place.

She already had a fiancee visa from 2019 that was approved but due to COVID the wedding never went ahead and she got stuck in Ecuador and the visa expired.

She needs a TB test as Ecuadorian citizens are on the TB list. But there is no list of approved TB test centers in the USA on the government site?

What do I do?

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: TB Test

Post by crazyewok123 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:19 pm

We did get one done in the USA but will it be sufficient as its not on the UK approved list as there is none for the USA? Does she really have to fly into a 3rd world country which does have a "approved" clinic despite being in a western nation with top pf the range medical care?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 pm

crazyewok123 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:19 pm
We did get one done in the USA but will it be sufficient as its not on the UK approved list as there is none for the USA? Does she really have to fly into a 3rd world country which does have a "approved" clinic despite being in a western nation with top pf the range medical care?
The HO has stated the requirements, applicants are the ones to see how they meet up. USA citizens or residents are exempt from it hence why no TB center approved by HO there.
If applicant despite being fro a TB test mandatory country but are long term resident of an exempt country or has also stayed in an exempt country for 6months which can be verified, they do not have to do TB test either.
Failing the above, applicant will have to get the test done and at an approved or listed centre.
Do they consider special cases as you described? You may want to contact UKVI/HO to clarify and hoping you get an answer in black and white that you can attach or upload with applicants evidence.

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crazyewok123 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:37 pm

I cant seem to contact UKVI/HO about anything. All I get is generic answers.

I hate this bureaucratic crap and my own country!

crazyewok123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crazyewok123 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:05 pm

I suffer depression and other medical condition and this entire rotten system is causing me to breakdown.