ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help with Questions in Set O application for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nvevgvitup
Newly Registered

Need Help with Questions in Set O application for ILR

Post by nvevgvitup » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:41 pm

Hi,
I am applying for ILR for my Wife and kid. I got ILR in Jan 2019 through Tier 1 General. My wife and kid got Tier 1 (General) Dependant Extn. visa. They are in UK since July 2013. I am filling the SET (O) ILR application. I am a bit confused about the terminology on some of the questions.
I read a few people got the ILR successfully for the family. Visa Fees are exorbitant and hence I want to verify some questions.
1) Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
In this Question what they mean by 'leave granted'. Wife and Kid got visa on Mar 2019. We went out of UK in Oct 2019 for about 24 days. IF I say 'Yes' then next question is:
2) 'Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018? "

I think for both I shall answer 'YES'.

3) Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
What does 'including your country of birth' means? I am thinking, Yes they have lived in their country of birth. But it is so obvious. So I need to include or exclude the country of birth and say 'No'?

Thanks a lot in Advance. If you know or can advise what I need to take care of to avoid a failure in getting ILR visa for my Wife and Kid, then it will be great help. I am applying with all the saving from last year.

Thanks and regards
Ashwani

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Need Help with Questions in Set O application for ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:59 pm

nvevgvitup wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:41 pm
Hi,
I am applying for ILR for my Wife and kid. I got ILR in Jan 2019 through Tier 1 General. My wife and kid got Tier 1 (General) Dependant Extn. visa. They are in UK since July 2013. I am filling the SET (O) ILR application. I am a bit confused about the terminology on some of the questions.
I read a few people got the ILR successfully for the family. Visa Fees are exorbitant and hence I want to verify some questions.
1) Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
In this Question what they mean by 'leave granted'. Wife and Kid got visa on Mar 2019. We went out of UK in Oct 2019 for about 24 days. IF I say 'Yes' then next question is:
2) 'Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018? "
PBS dependents only have absence limits on any leave that is granted after 11th Jan 2018. In your wife’s case she only has absence limits after March 2019. Say yes and then the question will ask to list the absences. List only after March 2019

I think for both I shall answer 'YES'.

3) Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
What does 'including your country of birth' means? I am thinking, Yes they have lived in their country of birth. But it is so obvious. So I need to include or exclude the country of birth and say 'No'?
Answer: Yes and list DOB till she lived in Home Country

Thanks a lot in Advance. If you know or can advise what I need to take care of to avoid a failure in getting ILR visa for my Wife and Kid, then it will be great help. I am applying with all the saving from last year.

Thanks and regards
Ashwani
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nvevgvitup
Newly Registered

Re: Need Help with Questions in Set O application for ILR

Post by nvevgvitup » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:14 pm

Thanks for your help and guidance. I hope it will go smoothly.