ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK Test 2021

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssbib
United Kingdom

Life in the UK Test 2021

Post by ssbib » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:30 pm

Happy New Year everybody. I hope you are all safe and well at this time.

My wife still has plenty of time before we have to consider her ILR application but I think it wise if we get a head start on the Life in the UK test now so we don't have to worry about it later. Before we jump in with both feet I was wondering if people could please help me with the following:

1) Is my understanding correct that there is no expiration date on passed test certificates? So if we pass the test now it will still be valid at the end of 2022 when we come to do the ILR?

2) Can someone please link me to the official site for booking the test? I want to know I'll be looking in the right place.

3) Can anyone recommend any decent study material and/or practice tests we can take? I have found a study guide on Amazon (linked below) but a few of the reviews state that the material inside is incorrect(!?) and so I wanted to know if anyone here has used them and if it was useful at all?

Thanks everyone. I hope you stay safe.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Life in the UK Test 2021

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:40 pm

ssbib wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:30 pm
Happy New Year everybody. I hope you are all safe and well at this time.

My wife still has plenty of time before we have to consider her ILR application but I think it wise if we get a head start on the Life in the UK test now so we don't have to worry about it later. Before we jump in with both feet I was wondering if people could please help me with the following:

1) Is my understanding correct that there is no expiration date on passed test certificates? So if we pass the test now it will still be valid at the end of 2022 when we come to do the ILR? As of current situation, yes LIUK does not expire. Can not say if this policy will change in the foreseeable future.

2) Can someone please link me to the official site for booking the test? I want to know I'll be looking in the right place.
https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test

3) Can anyone recommend any decent study material and/or practice tests we can take? I have found a study guide on Amazon (linked below) but a few of the reviews state that the material inside is incorrect(!?) and so I wanted to know if anyone here has used them and if it was useful at all?

Search Google for Life in UK test, select the one that shows 1 to 15 exams plus 1 New and you are more or less assured of success using this free site.

Thanks everyone. I hope you stay safe.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:02 pm

Thanks I’ll take a look at that.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:13 pm

Sorry AmazonianX For that brief reply earlier. I missed the opportunity to edit but wanted to say thanks very much for the detailed answer to my questions. My wife and I can take a look at that site in the coming days and get cracking on some of the practice tests.

Thanks again. Take care.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:34 pm

My wife and I can take a look at that site in the coming days and get cracking on some of the practice tests.
As @AmazonianX mentioned: I think he meant google “life in UK web test.”

There are 16 EXAMS (not tests - follow the 16 exams). If you do the 16 exams thoroughly, you will pass the test without any issues. Practice the 16 exams till you get 24/24 correct. Nothing else needed (personal opinion) ;).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:44 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:34 pm
My wife and I can take a look at that site in the coming days and get cracking on some of the practice tests.

There are 16 EXAMS (not tests - follow the 16 exams). If you do the 16 exams thoroughly, you will pass the test without any issues. Practice the 16 exams till you get 24/24 correct. Nothing else needed (personal opinion) ;).
Well said Cullinan.

OP, search for the one with EXAMS please.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:24 pm

Thanks for clarifying CULLINAN.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:10 pm

Hi everyone. Is this the site you were referring to with the 15 exams on it?

https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/

I ask because it refers to them as tests, not exams, and I want to make sure we are using the one you recommended. If I have it wrong could you kindly link me to the one you referred to as I am struggling to find it.

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:34 pm

Note: It has both tests and exams. Do the 16 exams [BLUE tabs] (not tests).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:55 pm

Thanks for clarifying. I think I’ve found it, this the one with the 16th exam being new?

https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/exams/

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:58 pm

👍

vivienne husky
Newly Registered
China

Post by vivienne husky » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:59 pm

ssbib wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:55 pm
Thanks for clarifying. I think I’ve found it, this the one with the 16th exam being new?

Yes that's the mock exams I've used too.

Mind they are slightly harder than the real one.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:06 pm

Thanks to both of you for clarifying, we can get cracking with them now.
vivienne husky wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:59 pm
ssbib wrote:

That’s not a bad thing, if we can ace them then the regular test shouldn’t be too bad.

How did you find the actual test, was it ok? Did you pass?

vivienne husky
Newly Registered
China

Post by vivienne husky » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:15 pm

ssbib wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:06 pm
vivienne husky wrote:
ssbib wrote:

That’s not a bad thing, if we can ace them then the regular test shouldn’t be too bad.

Finished the actual test in about 5 minutes. Passed.

Have a read through of the textbook, get the mock exams done, you will be fine.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:17 pm

vivienne husky wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:15 pm
ssbib wrote:
vivienne husky wrote:
ssbib wrote:

That’s great congratulations. Can I ask where you got your textbook from, was it the one on the .gov.uk website or the amazon one?

vivienne husky
Newly Registered
China

Post by vivienne husky » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:23 pm

ssbib wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:17 pm
vivienne husky wrote:
ssbib wrote:
vivienne husky wrote:

That’s great congratulations. Can I ask where you got your textbook from, was it the one on the .gov.uk website or the amazon one?
The link you've posted earlier, there's tab called /study materials/, just those five chapters. No need to buy a real book I think.

Just to give you an example, in the real test, they asked me questions as is it black/red/green or white death, and who's the first female PM of UK. That's how easy my test was. Don't worry too much XD.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:28 pm

vivienne husky wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:23 pm
ssbib wrote:
vivienne husky wrote:
ssbib wrote:

The link you've posted earlier, there's tab called /study materials/, just those five chapters. No need to buy a real book I think.

Just to give you an example, in the real test, they asked me questions as is it black/red/green or white death, and who's the first female PM of UK. That's how easy my test was. Don't worry too much XD.
Those don’t sound too bad. Will have a look at the study material there too. Thanks. Rey much for your help and congratulations once again. Take care.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:49 pm

I only did these 16 exams (then 15 exams) and passed the test in 3-5 minutes and so did my wife. We did not do anything else.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:49 pm
I only did these 16 exams (then 15 exams) and passed the test in 3-5 minutes and so did my wife. We did not do anything else.
Same here. Myself, wife and plenty of my friends
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:06 pm

ssbib wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:28 pm
vivienne husky wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:23 pm
ssbib wrote:
vivienne husky wrote:

Those don’t sound too bad. Will have a look at the study material there too. Thanks. Rey much for your help and congratulations once again. Take care.
Just as others testified, doing the 16 exams more or less guarantees a pass. Further studies of any study material is an academic exercise solely for your personal consumption or background awareness.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:07 pm

More ringing endorsement for those practice exams. Sounds like they’re worthwhile. Thanks very much everyone, we truly appreciate it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:16 pm

ssbib wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:07 pm
More ringing endorsement for those practice exams. Sounds like they’re worthwhile. Thanks very much everyone, we truly appreciate it.
To be honest, my Father in law or Mother in law might not have passed the LIUK if this website was not there. Plus I know lots of family and friends (at least 50) and I deal with refugees on almost regular basis. Everyone I recommended has passed the test through this website alone. Absolutely nothing else. As I said practice till you get 24/24 right in all 16 exams. You will be out in 5 minutes.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:18 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:16 pm
ssbib wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:07 pm
To be honest, my Father in law or Mother in law might not have passed the LIUK if this website was not there. Plus I know lots of family and friends (at least 50) and I deal with refugees on almost regular basis. Everyone I recommended has passed the test through this website alone. Absolutely nothing else. As I said practice till you get 24/24 right in all 16 exams. You will be out in 5 minutes.
From what I understand it’s a pretty hard test if you aren’t prepared. There was an example test on the BBC website last year and I had a go at it and I BARELY passed and I’ve lived here since birth. Thank goodness for free study materials like this. There is a lot of official text books and things but that’s £50 minimum and sounds like it won’t help out as much as this website.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:22 pm

Let us know how it goes ;)

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:50 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:22 pm
Let us know how it goes ;)
Will do. Lord knows when we will be able to take the test with infection rates as high as they are. Lockdown is the perfect time to study though.