ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN PARENT STAY AS DEPENDANT THEIR CHILDREN EDUCATING IN UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khokhar80

CAN PARENT STAY AS DEPENDANT THEIR CHILDREN EDUCATING IN UK

Post by khokhar80 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:31 am

Hi,

My two children are studying in A Level in Saudi Arabia. After their completion i want them to be studied in UK, because they want to do Chartered Accountant. The admission and visa for their education is not problem.

I want to know whether parents stay with them during their education in UK. Financially i am sound and have no problem to meet my children tuition fees, boarding and lodging etc.

Question is that if we stay with our children whether we are allowed to work in UK as i have many years experience in accounting. I have degree in Bachelor of Commerce from Pakistan. Please answer if anyone knows about this. Thanks

ShoaibJaved

dependant parent

Post by ShoaibJaved » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:38 am

Salam,
You cannot stay as a dependant of your son who is actually being financed by you to study in UK. You can apply for visitors visa and stay with you boys for a limited time and cannot take any sort of work in UK.

regards,
Shoaib Javed

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:58 am

I am gonna shift this post to General UK Immigration by end of play today.

Thanx
Where there is a will there is a way.

khokhar80

Post by khokhar80 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:30 pm

Shoaib Javed,

Assalam-O-Alaikum, w.r.b

Thanks a lot for your reply. Can you please tell me what else he should do to stay with their children and also please let me know whether their mother can stay with them throughout their study period.

Please reply me. Thanks

Manzoor Khokhar

ShoaibJaved

parents

Post by ShoaibJaved » Mon May 02, 2005 6:32 am

Salam,
I am afraid the only visa either the mother or father can obtain is the visitors visa. One can obtain visitor visa for say 2 or 5 years and then can stay with their children (although there is usually a time limit on the length of stay during any given visit).
Parent can also try to obtain WP or HSMP to stay and work in UK. You can find the information relevant to HSMP in the HSMP category of this immigration board.

regards,
Shoaib Javed