ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JESSIES

processing times

Post by JESSIES » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:24 pm

I recieved a letter from home office which states:
'for information and up-to-date details on our processing times are available on the 'Points based system' section of our website www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk'

I can't find it on the website? Can someone please direct me, thanks
J

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:45 pm

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:20 pm

thanks for apply but that link is for work permits. My letter, which I recieved today, is for tier 1. Do you know where that link is?

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:23 pm

Heya

I noticed on your tag it states:
Switching from WP to Tier1
Applied (by Special Delivery): 7-May-08
Approved and received on 13-June-08

How did you get a response so quickly? is that by chance or is it a quicker process to switch from WP to tier 1?

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi,

I switched from WP to T1. During those days it took an average of 6 weeks to get your docs back.

What happens is there is a Q of applications that would contain both switching and fresh applications. They are given to case workers (CW). I believe that the CW can dispose of a WP->T1 application faster than a fresh T1 application. This is because the verification that they have to do on your application is minimal. They have all your salary and employers details from your WP.

-H

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:34 pm

just to clarify, because the switching and fresh application fill in section 3A, do you think they are separated for case workers to access, or are switching and fresh application piled together

Hope that makes sense!

birdy1980

Post by birdy1980 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:55 pm

hussainkothari wrote:Hi,

I switched from WP to T1. During those days it took an average of 6 weeks to get your docs back.

What happens is there is a Q of applications that would contain both switching and fresh applications. They are given to case workers (CW). I believe that the CW can dispose of a WP->T1 application faster than a fresh T1 application. This is because the verification that they have to do on your application is minimal. They have all your salary and employers details from your WP.

-H
Dats great ! 6 weeks! Currently the website says, reviewing applications received on 27 august 2008.

How accurate are they in terms of posting these figures on the site link posted above?

My details
WP to T1
100 pts claimed ( plus 10 for english and 10 for maintenance fund)
Applied on 27 August 2008
Confirmation of application number received
Waiting on UK BA for further instructions.

What do you reckon should be the normal timeline in this case? similar to yours?
I know i am being a bit impatient here :)
birdy

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:07 pm

but the above link is for other categories switching to WP.

We are WP > Tier 1, is that a completely different waiting time all together, hence the link irrelevant?

GIMS

Post by GIMS » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:44 pm

the soonest you might get the passport could be in one week coz someone got their passport back within 3 weeks. they applied on 29 aug without submitting an urgent treatment request form.

on average give it 3 weeks from now to receive the passport. they take a week to two to stamp the passport and send it back to you sometimes.

but do plan for all contigencies i.e. that it can take longer than that. and keep track of the current processing times post just to lift your spirits up every now and then. up to a point of course.