ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

intrusive
United Kingdom

Refrees

Post by intrusive » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:09 am

Dear forum members hello, i want to ask question regarding referees please, i have a friend of mine he knows me for more than 3 years and he has opened a company with his two other brothers meaning they all are directors, and he registered that company for VAT purposes, he recently formed this company in last august i think, his both brothers also know me. And they all are over 25 and all are british citizens.
My question is can they all become my referees please? And if yes can you please tell me do i need to scan the referees with application or do they have to login online and fill the referees forms i am a bit confused about it.
Another question is about citizenship ceremony i have read about virtual ceremonies but i dont think my council gives this option can i choose a council which provides online ceremonies if yes can you please tell me how.
Can someone please help me.
Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Refrees

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:20 am

My question is can they all become my referees please?

No. Your referees cannot be related to you or to each other.
Can you please tell me do i need to scan the referees with application or do they have to login online and fill the referees forms i am a bit confused about it.
The details are completed, your photo pasted on and they have to sign the forms which you then upload with your supporting evidence.
Another question is about citizenship ceremony i have read about virtual ceremonies but i dont think my council gives this option can i choose a council which provides online ceremonies if yes can you please tell me how.
You can list a different council in the form. There is a question for this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:21 am

@CR001 Thanks for replying. Can my friend be my refree please i am also his accountant so i know him in professional capacity as well? or do you mean none of them can be my referree.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:34 am

one more question please can both director of a company be my referrees or does one person must be of professional standing ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:59 am

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:03 pm

@cullinan thank you for the form and guidance. i have read the related guidance and referree form as well. But i am bit confused over it . I have read that a company director can be a referree as he has a professional standing. I want to use the directors as my referres please correct me if i am wrong.
i m sorry for repeating it.
And i believe i have to scan it after getting it. Thank you so much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:09 pm

You can use a director of a ltd company.

What you CANNOT do is use two directors who are brothers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:02 pm

i got it . Thank you so much @ CR001

intrusive
United Kingdom

Evidence of Residence

Post by intrusive » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:54 am

Dear members,

Thank you very much for the great advice you give on this forum.

My background:

First Arrived in UK : 22 Feb 2010 as a student,
Got ILR on 11-02-2020, on the basis of long residence, so its exactly 1 year and one day last year, so i was eligible and have applied today.
I went outside UK during last 5 years 3 times back in September 2015 till october and then in 2017 for 4 weeks and then in 2019 for 5 weeks.
I was working in company until June 2015 then I got Entrepreneur Visa and could not work due to restrictions.

My questions which i suppose should have asked before hand,
Can you please tell me how to proof the residence requirement. I am running that company now I am the director. I cannot provide P60s all i got is bank statement which is not acceptable. I was present in UK on 12 February 2016 and I do meet all requirements. As i am typing it I have already applied for Naturalisation I am so worried about it. Can some one please help me. Is there any evidence you guys can think of please.

Secondly as i am doing an other job as well as I am the director i could not add two jobs, so I added only other job as my current job. Is that ok because i am doing two jobs at the moment, and i could not add two jobs. I am so annoyed at myself i should have asked these questions BEFORE applying.
Is there anything i can do about it, for example a cover letter??

And thirdly I want to keep my ILR BRP for travel reasons am I allowed to keep it please, I have given all the details of my BRP but I CANNOT return to home office. But i have said in my application form that i can provide my BRP to home office if required. Can i still retain it please. If yes how?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Evidence of Residence

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:10 am

Can you please tell me how to proof the residence requirement. I am running that company now I am the director. I cannot provide P60s all i got is bank statement which is not acceptable. I was present in UK on 12 February 2016 and I do meet all requirements. As i am typing it I have already applied for Naturalisation I am so worried about it. Can some one please help me. Is there any evidence you guys can think of please.
To prove residence, you only need your passport.
Secondly as i am doing an other job as well as I am the director i could not add two jobs, so I added only other job as my current job. Is that ok because i am doing two jobs at the moment, and i could not add two jobs. I am so annoyed at myself i should have asked these questions BEFORE applying.
Is there anything i can do about it, for example a cover letter??
If you haven't attended your biometrics, add a cover letter and upload with your documents.
And thirdly I want to keep my ILR BRP for travel reasons am I allowed to keep it please, I have given all the details of my BRP but I CANNOT return to home office. But i have said in my application form that i can provide my BRP to home office if required. Can i still retain it please. If yes how?
Nothing is sent to to UKVi in original anymore. You only have to return your BRP card within 5 days AFTER your citizenship ceremony, if your application is approved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

intrusive
United Kingdom

Re: Evidence of Residence

Post by intrusive » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:08 pm

@ CR001 many Thanks for your reply. Thanks i was extra worried about it, although I was sure i was meeting the requirement but i could not think of it.
Surely i will write in the letter and will upload it.
Thanks for your advice..