ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation APP-ILR 2017- Form Confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jamestewart1
Newly Registered

Naturalisation APP-ILR 2017- Form Confusion

Post by Jamestewart1 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:18 pm

Hi,

I wanted some guidance in terms of applying for my Naturalisation. I received my ILR in 2017 (10 years) and now I am in the process of submitting the Application online. My first question is I found an application(GOV.UK) and start filling it in and realised towards the end that it states the following:

Proof of living in the UK for XXXXX for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen

If you are married to, or in a civil partnership with, a British citizen, you must have been in the UK for the past 3 years.

If you are not married, or in a civil partnership with, a British citizen, you must have been in the UK for the past 5 years.

If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments or other government departments, indicating your presence in the UK during the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.

So is this the right application?? would someone be able to guide me through this pls

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation APP-ILR 2017- Form Confusion

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:34 pm

The highlighted bit does not all apply to everyone. They are "or" options.

If you followed a 10 year UK immigration path, ie not an EU citizen or EU family member path, then you only have to submit your passport(s) as proof of residence.

Form AN is the correct form and everyone, regardless of ilr route uses the same form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jamestewart1
Newly Registered

Post by Jamestewart1 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:54 pm

Thanks for your prompt response, appreciate it!

1.Following the 10 years path which I have taken. Am I required to provide my Trips outside for the period I have been here which is between 2005-2021, or just the 5 years as stated below in the application? The same goes for the addresses where I have resided for these years?

To meet the residence requirements, you must have been in the UK:

for at least 3 years if you are the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen
for at least 5 years if you are not the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen
on the first day of the 3 or 5 year qualifying period (the required period of time)
You must not have:

spent more than 270 days outside of the UK in the 3 year period, or 450 days in the 5 year period
been outside the UK for more than 90 days in the last 12 months
been in the UK illegally in the 3 or 5 year qualifying period

2. Do you have a degree that was taught in English? I have done professional courses here in the UK which was equivalent Level 6 and Level 7 - So i said YES? (correct)

What will you use to provide your degree taught in English? Transcript or Letter? I have SELT English language is this what i submit?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:00 am

1. 5 years immediately preceding the date of application online.

2. It is specifically a university degree certificate, not just any course. If you are using the b1 English test, then you state NOa to the degree question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jamestewart1
Newly Registered

Post by Jamestewart1 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:04 pm

Thanks a lot, @CR001.

Among the list of Documents that are required to complete the Application, there are some :

1.Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions : Q: would the BRP fulfill the criteria here? Since the next part, they are asking for the BRP

You must provide one of the following documents:
your passport showing you are able to remain permanently in the UK
other (for example, a letter from the Home Office, your BRP card or other proof of exemption from
immigration control)

2.Proof of living in the UK for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen. Q: I got my ILR(10 yrs) in Oct 2016(4 yrs 3months now) the application before that was with UKVI and took almost 2-3 years since there was a dispute in the total period of education. So what docs would i need to provide here( i wasn't working)?

If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:32 pm

1. Yes - provide your BRP

2. Provide your passport(s) covering the five years residency period - evidence of working is not required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Jamestewart1
Newly Registered

Post by Jamestewart1 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:39 pm

Thanks, @alterhase58

The application is straight forward, knowing that I don't want to make any mistakes when filling it in so making sure I am on the right track. I truly appreciate the input from everyone on this forum!

Just another question, I hope they aren't too many hehe.

Q. Name in which you made the application? I have filled this part with the type of Application that I made For e.g. Tier 4 General Student. Just wanted to make sure it is correct? I have seen on the forum where some people have mentioned their names and some have used the Application name/type to inform what type of application was made at/during that time. Would you please shed some light on this?

Q.Also, I might be missing some dates of the applications that I made, would it be okay to use approximate dates?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:13 pm

Q1. It is your name, not the visa category name.

Q2. Fine yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)