ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BenAnswers2
United Kingdom

Documents required for spouse visa extension

Post by BenAnswers2 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Hello,

I have read that for the spouse visa extension it is required to include letters at the same address for applicant and sponsor.

What documents are required?
Where can I find more information about the types of letter which are acceptable?

Thanks,
Ben

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Documents required for spouse visa extension

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:07 pm

BenAnswers2 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:36 pm
Hello,

I have read that for the spouse visa extension it is required to include letters at the same address for applicant and sponsor. This are cohabitation documents for the last 2 years. 6 if both spouse names are on it or 12 if named for each person differently. The interval will be such letters 3-4 months apart.

What documents are required? Items such as letters from GP, NHS, HMRC, DVLA, bills and bank correspondences, etc.
Where can I find more information about the types of letter which are acceptable? Search the forum, it is discussed copiously and frequently.

Thanks,
Ben

BenAnswers2
United Kingdom

FLR (M) Bank Statements

Post by BenAnswers2 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:02 pm

If I have three joint bank accounts with three different banks in the UK, is this technically sufficient to meet the cohabitation document requirements if we collect all of the monthly statements from these?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Bank Statements

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:13 pm

BenAnswers2 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:02 pm
If I have three joint bank accounts with three different banks in the UK, is this technically sufficient to meet the cohabitation document requirements if we collect all of the monthly statements from these?
In theory yes but try to conjoin these with other spontaneous evidences too such as letter from NHS/DVLA/hmrc etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

BenAnswers2
United Kingdom

FLR (M) evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live

Post by BenAnswers2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:54 pm

Hello there,

I have read that on the document checklist for FLR (M) you need to provide:

"evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live"

Is this correct, or am I getting confused?
Perhaps this only applies to ILR?

If this is required for FLR (M) how is it proven?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: FLR (M) evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:38 am

Housing costs
Under paragraph 12(f) of Appendix FM-SE, the applicant must provide evidence of the monthly (or weekly) housing and Council Tax costs for the accommodation in the UK in which the applicant (and any other family members who are or will be part of the same household) lives or will live if the application is granted.
As the calculations at Section 3 above refer to a weekly housing cost, any costs evidenced which are not weekly should be converted to a weekly figure, rounding down when this leads to a part of a penny.
Example:
If a calendar monthly Council Tax figure is evidenced, then multiply it by 12 and divide by 52 to arrive at the weekly equivalent.
Monthly Council Tax = £100 x12 divided by 52 = £23.07 weekly equivalent cost of Council Tax.
Applicants should supply documentary evidence of rent or mortgage payments and Council Tax, along the lines of:
• a letter from the landlord or mortgage provider detailing the weekly or monthly rental or mortgage cost of the property
• at least one personal bank statement to show the rent/mortgage payment leaving the account of the sponsor, their partner or the couple jointly
• rent book (if available)
• letter from the local authority detailing whether and how much Council Tax is
payable
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... a-v6.0.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: FLR (M) evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live

Post by Korekt » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:41 am

Council tax bill?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

BenAnswers2
United Kingdom

Post by BenAnswers2 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:12 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:38 am
Housing costs
Under paragraph 12(f) of Appendix FM-SE, the applicant must provide evidence of the monthly (or weekly) housing and Council Tax costs for the accommodation in the UK in which the applicant (and any other family members who are or will be part of the same household) lives or will live if the application is granted.
As the calculations at Section 3 above refer to a weekly housing cost, any costs evidenced which are not weekly should be converted to a weekly figure, rounding down when this leads to a part of a penny.
Example:
If a calendar monthly Council Tax figure is evidenced, then multiply it by 12 and divide by 52 to arrive at the weekly equivalent.
Monthly Council Tax = £100 x12 divided by 52 = £23.07 weekly equivalent cost of Council Tax.
Applicants should supply documentary evidence of rent or mortgage payments and Council Tax, along the lines of:
• a letter from the landlord or mortgage provider detailing the weekly or monthly rental or mortgage cost of the property
• at least one personal bank statement to show the rent/mortgage payment leaving the account of the sponsor, their partner or the couple jointly
• rent book (if available)
• letter from the local authority detailing whether and how much Council Tax is
payable
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... a-v6.0.pdf
How would this work if we are living in my parents house?
Also, I have £62,500 in savings. Does this still apply?