ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS card replacement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fatimadurrani
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EUSS card replacement

Post by Fatimadurrani » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:57 pm

Dear all,

I need to know whether I can travel outside the UK after submitting biometric appointment for the replacement of EUSS card and if they do take your old permanent residence card from you on that day? I already have settle status online.

Thank you all in advance!

kamoe
European Union

Re: EUSS card replacement

Post by kamoe » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:22 am

You are asking two questions at once:

1. If old permanent residence card is taken on biometric appointment
2. If you can travel abroad while the new card is processing

I'll let your first question to be answered by people who have been through the process.
Your second question will follow from the answer to the first:

If they do take your old card, then it is in your best interest not to travel abroad while the new card is in the process. It has always been Home Office standard advice not no travel without a physical card. An electronic status might not be enough, specially trying to convince airline staff that you have the right to enter the UK.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.