ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr got dependent child born outside uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Europeflower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Ilr got dependent child born outside uk

Post by Europeflower » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:03 am

Asking on behalf of a friend. Any input will be appreciated.

Can an under 18 child obtain ILR as a dependent of a single mother who is applying for Ilr via domestic route?
The child biological father is in the U.K. with parent visa but the child lives with the mother who is applying for Ilr dv (as her new ex husband was British).
The guidance say she needs to have sole responsibility or the child normally resides with the parent with/applying for Ilr. Is this true?
The biological father is in the U.K. and sees the child occasionally. I know sole responsibility is important for entry clearance but is it the same case for kids already in the U.K.?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr got dependent child born outside uk

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:17 am

Children born outside the UK follow the immigration path of the less privileged parent unless:

their other parent is dead or
you have sole responsibility for their upbringing or
there are compelling reasons why they should be allowed to stay
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice