ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:12 pm

ntuleimat wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:11 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:38 pm
You will get a full refund. Refund may take longer in corona. You must book an appointment and attend at UKVCAS now. IDV is the past.
Hi,

What do you mean by the comment "IDV is the past"? What happens to the applicants who submitted through IDV in Aug/Sep?
Thanks,
IDV is the past for new applicants except T4 since 21 Sep 2020. Anyone who was sent an IDV invite could still go with it. Now anyone applying must book an appointment.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

asifp

Post by asifp » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:34 am

So I submitted the online application today, Jan 10th and was lukcy to get a paid appointment on Jan 12th for biometrics.

I started uploading the documents tonight and will finish it tomorrw, but is there like a submit button.

I see it says document uploaded, is that good enough?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:46 am

asifp wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:34 am
So I submitted the online application today, Jan 10th and was lukcy to get a paid appointment on Jan 12th for biometrics.

I started uploading the documents tonight and will finish it tomorrw, but is there like a submit button.

The submit button only works up to 48 hours before the appointment (and you can only submit ONCE). So, it won't be active/work for you. You can continue to upload documents until your biometric appointment though, and yes, "Document uploaded" is good enough.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

asifp

Post by asifp » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:28 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:46 am
asifp wrote:

The submit button only works up to 48 hours before the appointment (and you can only submit ONCE). So, it won't be active/work for you. You can continue to upload documents until your biometric appointment though, and yes, "Document uploaded" is good enough.
Thanks, but what is the difference between the two, clicking submit vs having just uploaded.

Is it that that at the appointment they wont be able to confirm my documents are there or will I have to get them uploaded again at the appointment centre

Is it better for me try and reschedule for a later date where I can hit the submit button. I am really worried that not having the ability to submit will delay my process

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:44 am

asifp wrote:

Responding to your PM here:

As ajitu92 said, SELF-submission is optional. You can only get that option if your appointment is scheduled more than 48 hours away. Since your appointment is only on the 12th Jan you will not get that option. There is no difference. Just upload and submit at the appointment itself. No issues and you will face NO delays.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

asifp

Post by asifp » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:57 am

Thanks for your response, but am a bit unclear now.

Are you saying I will need to take all the documents to the appointment to get them uploaded now? As in - there is not point in me uploading the documents on the portal?

Or, I upload the documents now on the portal and simply click submit during the appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:58 am

asifp wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:57 am
Thanks for your response, but am a bit unclear now.

Are you saying I will need to take all the documents to the appointment to get them uploaded now? As in - there is not point in me uploading the documents on the portal?

Or, I upload the documents now on the portal and simply click submit during the appointment.
Upload the documents NOW and UKVCAS staff will submit for you at the appointment itself.

minho87
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by minho87 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:01 pm

mesn wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:46 pm
minho87 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:48 pm
Dear All,

FYI. I was june applicant and received approval as mentioned before end of December.

I did send in an complaint. Got the feedback from the complaint. Apparently they approved my application back in October 2020. But they didn't received my change of address in time so they had sent the letter to my old address rather than emailing me. They had apologised. I would recommend complaining to HO and the are very specific and advised me.
Complain on this link? - https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived
I am waiting for a response from HO after reporting 10days ago.
That is right.

asifp

Post by asifp » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:02 pm

Thanks a lot. the blood pressure always get calmer after a response from you guys!

I wish there was a away to show our appreciation!

Aksrava
United Kingdom

Post by Aksrava » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:32 pm

Does anyone know if the newer restrictions coming out today are affecting UKVI?

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:12 pm

minho87 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:01 pm
mesn wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:46 pm
minho87 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:48 pm
Dear All,

FYI. I was june applicant and received approval as mentioned before end of December.

I did send in an complaint. Got the feedback from the complaint. Apparently they approved my application back in October 2020. But they didn't received my change of address in time so they had sent the letter to my old address rather than emailing me. They had apologised. I would recommend complaining to HO and the are very specific and advised me.
Complain on this link? - https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived
I am waiting for a response from HO after reporting 10days ago.
That is right.

Thanks. No response from HO. Had written to them on 30Dec. How soon did they get back to you?
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

sequoia
Newly Registered
India

Post by sequoia » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:40 pm

I have applied for ILR under Tier 2 5 year route and have uploaded my documents on UKVCAS. I have arranged an appointment to enrol biometrics later this week.

My employer human resource department is currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and they have sent me a signed employer letter as PDF. They cannot send a hard copy currently. I have uploaded this PDF on UKVCAS and have printed it out to take to the UKVCAS appointment. Does anyone have any idea if the personnel at UKVCAS appointment will reject it as it is a print out of a soft copy? Or should I push my employer for a hard copy?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:47 pm

@sequoia

You do not need to print any soft copies. UKVCAS check if your documents uploaded are legible, if not they may scan them for you.
You do not need a hard copy from your employer if you already have a soft copy
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

sequoia
Newly Registered
India

Post by sequoia » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:51 pm

poper wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:47 pm
@sequoia

You do not need to print any soft copies. UKVCAS check if your documents uploaded are legible, if not they may scan them for you.
You do not need a hard copy from your employer if you already have a soft copy
Thank you!

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:28 am

HI All,

I cant believe it but the day has officially arrived! :D :D :D
Received email from solicitor this morning, that approval was given yesterday afternoon!! (Will update my SET LR Timeline)

This group has been tremendously helpful and the only thing that kept me going through this entire stressful journey. Honestly dont know what I would have done without all of you.
Special thanks to @CULLINAN- and @poper @ajitu92 @Amy_R88 I'm hoping and I'm sure that all of you hear anytime now!
I really couldn't have kept sane without all of you!!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:50 am

jamd12 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:28 am
HI All,

Received email from solicitor this morning, that approval was given yesterday afternoon!! (Will update my SET LR Timeline)

This group has been tremendously helpful and the only thing that kept me going through this entire stressful journey. Honestly dont know what I would have done without all of you.
Special thanks to @CULLINAN- and @poper @ajitu92 @Amy_R88 I'm hoping and I'm sure that all of you hear anytime now!
Hurray !!!!
Congratulations jamd12...
5.5 months is a very long wait... phew
Happy for you :)
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:12 am

jamd12 wrote:
HI All,

Yesss! Congratulations @jamd12! So glad to hear that your long, excruciating and torturous wait has finally ended! 🎊🎉 Out of curiosity, what extra documents/evidence did they ask you for?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:36 am

Congrats jamd12!!

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:52 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:12 am
jamd12 wrote:
HI All,

Yesss! Congratulations @jamd12! So glad to hear that your long, excruciating and torturous wait has finally ended! 🎊🎉 Out of curiosity, what extra documents/evidence did they ask you for?
They asked me to resend my days count document- as they said the spreadsheet provided was hard to follow! They said they had a different count then what I had claimed- clearly they were calculating wrongly!

jamd12
United Kingdom

poper wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:50 am
jamd12 wrote:
HI All,

Hurray !!!!
Congratulations jamd12...
5.5 months is a very long wait... phew
Happy for you :)
Yes it was!!| Thank you thank you!! Hoping yours comes anytime now too!!

jamd12
United Kingdom

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:36 am
Congrats jamd12!!
Thank you Cullinan! You are our godfather on this forum! :lol:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:04 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:52 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:36 am
Congrats jamd12!!
Thank you Cullinan! You are our godfather on this forum! :lol:
Thank you for your kind words :lol:

ktyagi
India

Post by ktyagi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:18 pm

Hi everyone, just got an email confirmation for my successful ILR application. Took a bit over 2 months from date of application, roughly 6 weeks from documents upload, roughly 1 month from biometrics. Not too bad!

Thank you for every one help, especially Cullinan, CR001, Zimba and many others. I can not describe in words how grateful I am for the help and support of this forum's members who give such valuable information and advice free of any cost! From 2010 when I arrived in the UK on Tier4 to now for ILR, and perhaps next for citizenship application, this forum has been the one stop for all my queries.
Cheers to you all.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:38 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:52 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:12 am
jamd12 wrote:
HI All,

They asked me to resend my days count document- as they said the spreadsheet provided was hard to follow! They said they had a different count then what I had claimed- clearly they were calculating wrongly!
Woah, okay that's a new one! 😂 Glad it's all sorted now though! :)

Emp35
United Kingdom

Post by Emp35 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:34 pm

ktyagi wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:18 pm
Hi everyone, just got an email confirmation for my successful ILR application. Took a bit over 2 months from date of application, roughly 6 weeks from documents upload, roughly 1 month from biometrics. Not too bad!

Thank you for every one help, especially Cullinan, CR001, Zimba and many others. I can not describe in words how grateful I am for the help and support of this forum's members who give such valuable information and advice free of any cost! From 2010 when I arrived in the UK on Tier4 to now for ILR, and perhaps next for citizenship application, this forum has been the one stop for all my queries.
Cheers to you all.
Congratulations 🎉. May I ask if you applied under LR?