ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two successfull UK visitor visa granted in last 3 years - Sister and Mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DK_2021
Newly Registered
India

UK Visit visa application for mother

Post by DK_2021 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience with the our VISA application we submitted to Delhi VFS today for my mother. We are sponsoring her UK trip and all the evidences are provided to support her and our financial status and social ties. I am a bit surprise with the below -
- VFS staff member refused to take/scan any property document and rental income document establishing my mother's finances
- in our cover letter we have mentioned that we are providing property document, tenancy agreement to show the evidence of my mother's income

Now I am a bit worried that ECO will find the reference to the property in my cover letter however no evidence for the same as VFS hasn't take the papers. Although I have logged a complaint and asked the representative to mentioned this in the complaint and also we are happy to provide all the documents mentioned in our cover letter

Let see what happens, any comments from the members who may have experienced the same

DK_2021
Newly Registered
India

Two successfull UK visitor visa granted in last 3 years - Sister and Mother

Post by DK_2021 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:30 pm

All,

Posting this to share our two successful visitor visa experience in past 3 years. The points to be noted that how much money is there is visitor's account is not a major factor but his/ her home country tries are certainly to ensure they will go back. Our focus was always to keep simple, well written cover letter (from visitor side), Sponsorship Letter (from our side) and accurate visa application form.

Mentioning documents/ proofs provided from visitor side below as most of us are aware on what to give as sponsorship documents from UK side.

Scenario 1 - Visitor Visa (6 months) for Sister and 2.5 year old Niece
We applied this visa in April 2019 with below documents from sister (visitor side) and her daughter
1. Passport for both (Having husband/ father name)
2. Consent letter from husband -this also worked as proof of ties back home for both
3. Bank statement for sister 3 months - having 70k savings INR only and no regular deposits as she is housewife
4. Bank Statement for husband 3 months - around same balance as sister but also showing regular salary credit

visa granted in 7 days and she stayed with us for 2 months as we mentioned in sponsorship letter.

Scenario 1 - Visitor Visa (6 months) for Mother
We applied this visa in Dec 2020 with below documents. Mother is housewife and father is retired with no regular income.
1. Passport
2. Balance certificate for Mother and Father (husband) - Balance 75k INR (mother's savings), 1.25k INR (Father's Savings)
3. Bank Statement for mother and father - showing balance as of point 2
4. Rent agreement for mother's own house with rent receipts (signed by tenant and mother both) - this showed her cash monthly income to proof how she manages her monthly expenses and not dependent on us (sponsors)
5. Property/ house purchase deed - Mother's owned
6. My 3 sisters Id proofs - Passports (2 married + 1 unmarried) - this showed her ties to go back home and we mentioned my sisters and their kids visit parents regularly

Visa Granted on 11th Jan 2021 for 6 months.

yomishu
Mood:
India

Re: Two successfull UK visitor visa granted in last 3 years - Sister and Mother

Post by yomishu » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Hi

Thanks for the information

How many days did it take to get this visa approved when you applied for your mum in Dec 2020?

DK_2021
Newly Registered
India

Post by DK_2021 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:17 pm

Hi,

we applied on 15th Dec 2020 and my got decision email on 4th Jan 2021. My mother collected the passport on 11th Jan 2021.

I guess there was slight delay due to holidays.

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Hi

Did she apply from india? Which city, since i applied for my parents and they had biometrics on 29th December