ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years bank statement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

talba92
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bahrain

ILR 10 years bank statement

Post by talba92 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I've recently submitted my SET(LR) Application on Sunday, 10th Jan. I have an appointment with UKVCAS on the 4th Feb for my documents and biometrics.

I'm currently unemployed due to the pandemic and I've indicated that in the application. Would I need to submit a bank statement?

I went to the bank this morning and I've obtained a one-month bank statement, 7th December 2020 - 10th January 2021, stamped with today's date (12th Jan) which is two days after my application date (10th Jan). I also got another one-month statement, 1st December 2020 - 12th January 2021, also stamped with today's date (12th Jan). Would any of those suffice and which one would you recommend?

Thanks.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 10 years bank statement

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:05 pm

Bank statements are not required to be submitted for Set LR applications.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

talba92
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by talba92 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:26 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:05 pm
Thank you for getting back to me. Would it hurt my application if I submitted a bank statement anyways? I'm worried that because I'm unemployed the Home Office might be curious about my finances.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:35 pm

talba92 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:26 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:05 pm
Thank you for getting back to me. Would it hurt my application if I submitted a bank statement anyways? I'm worried that because I'm unemployed the Home Office might be curious about my finances.
It won't, no. Set LR has nothing to do with employment status, so it doesn't matter. Home Office process applications according to the rules and guidance, and nowhere in any Set LR rules or guidance are finances stated, so you're fine not to submit. If you want and insist on submitting that anyway, then you may submit whichever one you want/like.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.