ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship application questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t4ure4n

citizenship application questions

Post by t4ure4n » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:11 am

I came to the UK in Sep 2004 on student visa and had multiple extensions until I got married in 2011 and changed to spouse visa in Feb 2013. I got my ILR in Feb 2018.

I am applying for citizenship as a spouse of a British citizen. I have few questions if someone can help me.
  • I have two daughters who are British. I have answered Yes to the question "Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?" Do I have to provide any further details about them anywhere or send their birth certificates etc.
  • Since I am applying as spouse of British citizen, do I only need provide them details for previous visa applications related to spouse visa(2) + ILR (1)? OR
    Do I also need to provide details of all my student visa applications as well, made prior to getting spouse visa. I am asking this because:
    • I don't have details of all of those student visa applications because apart from first few, later ones were issued as BRP which were returned to Home Office so I don't have any record of them.
    • HO should already have record of them
    • They were made long before spouse visa/ILR (i.e >10 years old)
    • They may start asking for further details which I may not have.
  • How do I prove that I was in the UK exactly at the start of 3 year period before application date? - Do I scan my entire passport (latest one) showing no exit from UK prior to 3 year period? Or there is an easier way to prove it?
Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: citizenship application questions

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 am

t4ure4n wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:11 am
I came to the UK in Sep 2004 on student visa and had multiple extensions until I got married in 2011 and changed to spouse visa in Feb 2013. I got my ILR in Feb 2018.

I am applying for citizenship as a spouse of a British citizen. I have few questions if someone can help me.
  • I have two daughters who are British. I have answered Yes to the question "Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?" Do I have to provide any further details about them anywhere or send their birth certificates etc.
  • I was in a similar situation. There is a section at the end where you can add additional information- I left a note that both my children are British
    Since I am applying as spouse of British citizen, do I only need provide them details for previous visa applications related to spouse visa(2) + ILR (1)? OR
    Do I also need to provide details of all my student visa applications as well, made prior to getting spouse visa. I am asking this because:
    • I don't have details of all of those student visa applications because apart from first few, later ones were issued as BRP which were returned to Home Office so I don't have any record of them.
    • HO should already have record of them
    • They were made long before spouse visa/ILR (i.e >10 years old)
    • They may start asking for further details which I may not have.
  • You are expected to input ALL UK visa immigration applications. Date are if known question. Clarify in the cover letter if you do not remember
    How do I prove that I was in the UK exactly at the start of 3 year period before application date? - Do I scan my entire passport (latest one) showing no exit from UK prior to 3 year period? Or there is an easier way to prove it?
Passport(s) stamps covering the 3 year qualifying period. I would scan the last UK entry stamp even if it was more than 3 years ago to prove you never left UK after that

Many thanks
Please keep all your questions in the same thread.
british-citizenship/do-i-have-declare-d ... 11191.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.