ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAP job market in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spsahu82
Pakistan

SAP job market in UK

Post by spsahu82 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:22 am

Dear All,

Currently I am working in one of the UK’s leading bank IT Division (base in Mumbai,india) as a SAP consultant. I have total 4 years of work experience in SAP(MM/SRM/workflow/BW). I am planning to apply for tier 1 in coming December. Could some one tell me, how the SAP job market in UK ? What is the right time comes to UK for jobsearch?

Thanks in advance.

spsahu

SS100
Newly Registered

Post by SS100 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:20 am

Folks,

Pl advice on the SAP -Functional/Technical demand in UK at the moment. I dont particularly focus on London. anywhere in the UK-Like Manchester/Birmingham.

Experts, Pl advice

BR
Shilpa

deepthi_a1980
Newly Registered

SAP job market in UK

Post by deepthi_a1980 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:35 am

Hi all,

I have 4+yrs exp as SAP functional consltant and have been in UK from last 6 months.

This is my personal opinion.
So far I'm in my second contract job. Most of the SAP jobs are based out of London and getting contract job seems to be easy compared to permanent job.
Wrt to SAP mostly it will be in testing of SAP applications and will not be of any consulting role.Also even though the consultants tell the contract period is 6 months they will end up in 2 max....3 months. There will be lot of uncertainity in projects and should be able to relocate and handle risks . Relocation and facilities to commute to companies outside London will be difficult unless having your own vehicle.

Wrt to permanent jobs - After initial technical discussion, there will be a competency round of interview.

Pls PM me to get any info on SAP jobs and will be glad to provide you with consultants contacts.

Thanks,
Deepthi

ramesh1

SAP Job Market

Post by ramesh1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:23 pm

deepthi_a1980 so my understanding from your post is that getting a Job in SAP/ABAP is not very difficult comparatively in technologies like dotnet or mainframe?