ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complicated case for Immigration to Australia

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tokunals
Newly Registered

Complicated case for Immigration to Australia

Post by tokunals » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I need your help..I have recently completed my MBA from London and currently lives in UK only... I have been here since 3.5 years and my brother is a australian passport holder...

I do know he can sponser me for the PR on family sponsership...but i was on student visa untill last month..Can I still apply on the basis of part-time employement for the PR???

My brother said to me I can apply for the PR on family category on the basis of part-time job but I need to show experience for last 2-3 years.

I would appreicate your views and help...

tks
Kunal

thinker

Hi

Post by thinker » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:23 am

For Basic visa requirement of "recent work experience" you only need 20 hours per week of paid employment for the 12 months in the previous 24 months.

Doesn't matter whether you are on a Student visa or not!

So if you are able to prove your work experience with an Employer Reference letter, this requirement shouldn't be of an issue.

Btwn, this is not a professional advice so you should check it out. But from my experience the above judgement is right.

Hope this helps!