ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for PBS Dependant Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ursdinez

ILR for PBS Dependant Help

Post by ursdinez » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:08 am

Good Morning Guys,

Hope you're all keeping well.

I obtained British Citizenship through Tier 2 General route in August 2019. My wife who first entered UK as a Tier 2 PBS Dependant on 25 July 2015 is now eligible for her ILR since July 2020. She went to India on August 1 2020 for her maternity break. Whilst in India her wallet was stolen and she had her BRP in there so we applied & received 30 days Replacement visa sticker with validity 03/01/2021. She was due to fly out on 23 December but due to travel ban she couldn't and her visa expired. We have now applied for another replacement visa through VFS on 11/01/2021 and waiting.

I have two questions/doubt to clarify:
1. Does 180 days absence affect her ILR application in any way if she cant make it before 28 Jan 2021?
2. Should we apply for new BRP (Tier 2 PBS) before applying for ILR or can we use the replacement visa to process ILR application?

Look forward to your valuable inputs.

Thanks very much.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for PBS Dependant Help

Post by zimba » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:07 am

1. Yes
2. A BRP is not needed if you want to apply for ILR immediately
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ursdinez

Post by ursdinez » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:35 pm

Thanks for the response Zimba.

Hopefully she can fly back before the 28th Jan 2021 to avoid any issues but will there be any exceptions (180 days absence) as it was due to travel restrictions / lockdown rules due to Covid-19?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:29 am

There are concessions under the rules but it is up to the UKVI to exercise them. Try not to get in those situations
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ursdinez

Post by ursdinez » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:02 pm

My wife flew back to the UK before the 180 days cut off luckily and she made an ILR application which is now successful. Thanks for your inputs - much appreciated.