ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Country application require to provide DBS Certificate if work in Education Sector?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lizclim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

In-Country application require to provide DBS Certificate if work in Education Sector?

Post by lizclim » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:08 pm

Hello there,

I have lived in the UK with Tier 2 (General) visa for the past close to 3 years and with Tier 4 visa for 1 year. I recently secured a job offer at university and I am wondering if I will need to provide DBS Certificate when attending the biometric appointment at UKVCAS?

I have read the home office guidance for criminal records checks for oversea applicants on https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... applicants . The guidance stated that
"All Tier 2 (General) visa applicants who want to work in specified health, education or social care sectors must provide a criminal record certificate.
This must be from any country (except the UK) where you have lived for 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total) in the last 10 years, while aged 18 or over. This will also apply to any adult partners, whether they apply with you or make a separate application to join you if you are already in the UK."
My question is that if I need to provide the DBS certificate as I am going to work in education sector even though I am not an oversea applicant as I applied in the country and have lived in the U.K. for the past 4.5 years?

Many thanks in advance and I appreciate if someone can help me with my worries.
I have requested a copy of letter of good of conduct from the embassy, however under the current circumstances, I do not think I will receive the letter of good of conduct before my biometric appointment which is in 4 weeks time.

Thank you very very much. :D