ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I in trouble?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kay
Newly Registered

Am I in trouble?

Post by Kay » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi guys

A question for someont that may know...

I was made redundant and finished my last job on May 31. I giot a new job and started July 31.

The problem is that when I was made redundant I was told by a guy and the dept of ent, trade and employment (permit section) that I was OK to stay in Ireland as I was covered till my current permit ran out (that is end of November).

As a result I didnt apply for my new work permit straight away. The new job involved me moving to a new country etc etc.

As I was made redundant I called up the dept to find out what I needed to send and what form I need to fill out. They told me that I needed to fill out a new application form and have a letter from my last employer saying why I was made redundant (the company went bust!). I was then told that this must have been no more than 3 months ago (the date on the letter) and that I have been working illegally.

I am really worried as I should have sent my form in no later that Aug 31.

I will send my form in this week with all the details etc, but am I likely to be penalised?

I have been living in Ireland for many years and had held a valid work permit at my alst job for 6 years.

Thanking you

Kay

Kay
Newly Registered

Post by Kay » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Sorry, that should have read I moved to a new 'county'.....

Thanks

Kay

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:08 am

what type of GNIB stamp you have ?

Kay
Newly Registered

Post by Kay » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:32 am

babar asif wrote:what type of GNIB stamp you have ?
I have a stamp 1.

I am eligible for long-term but the wait is so long that I am going to wait for when I have been working here 8 years and get that permit... that will be April 2010.

Thanks