ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaz80
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Kaz80 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:23 am

Hi , I’m from Bolton anyone attend ceremony in Bolton
Approval 13 Oct
Invitation 13 Jan

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:29 am

Hi any new for November invitation any one received in January good news so many received Oct invitation pls keep update .

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:35 am

London249 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:29 am
Hi any new for November invitation any one received in January good news so many received Oct invitation pls keep update . First two week of January I think home home office clear the October invitation look like next one is November acceptance. Mine is 9th of November. Barking Dagenham council. Still waiting invitations.

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:38 am

First two week of January I think home home office clear the October invitation look like next one is November acceptance. Mine is 9th of November. Barking Dagenham council. Still waiting invitation

Desmond123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Desmond123 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:03 am

This is what I received from Manchester Council this morning.

Dear ........

We have received a batch of certificates for October decisions on Wednesday
Your certificate is amongst these.

Please do not worry about the date on your letter or the stated 21 days.

Once the certificates have been uploaded onto our system.
We will be sending out our own invitations.

We are also finalising plans of how we will deliver the ceremonies during this lockdown.
Which is likely to be a virtual ceremony.

Kind Regards

Manchester Register Office
Heron House
47 Lloyd Street
Manchester
M2 5LE

I hope it won’t be long...

Bikerboy86
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bikerboy86 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:35 am

London249 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:38 am
First two week of January I think home home office clear the October invitation look like next one is November acceptance. Mine is 9th of November. Barking Dagenham council. Still waiting invitation
Same timeline here, LBBD as well. By end of this month hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Gillji
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gillji » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:55 am

Hi Guys
Good luck and good wishes to every one
Thanks for every one on this forum
Just done my virtual ceremony now
Free of cost
And quick 10 minutes process
All done
And good wishes to all

Gillji
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gillji » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:59 am

In virtual ceremony they ask for show my ID first and then home office invitation letter
Started at 9:30
By 9:44 finished
Was quick and easy processing
Lady was polite and understanding person
Good luck to all

Gard
Newly Registered
England

Post by Gard » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 am

Desmond123 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:03 am

Dear ........

We are also finalising plans of how we will deliver the ceremonies during this lockdown.

Kind Regards

Heron House
47 Lloyd Street
Manchester
M2 5LE

What was your approval date please. Mine was 21 of Oct for Manchester council.

Gard
Newly Registered
England

Post by Gard » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:15 am

Hi mate could you please tell me what was your approval date? I'm also waiting for invitation from Manchester city council and my approval date was 21st of October.
Thanks

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:39 am

Gard wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 am
Desmond123 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:03 am

Dear ........

Kind Regards

Heron House
47 Lloyd Street
Manchester
M2 5LE

What was your approval date please. Mine was 21 of Oct for Manchester council.
I finally got my invitation letter from home office today. Even though i am from tameside,manchester. The register office address is for manchester city council.

Now do i have to wait for another invitation letter from manchester council? This is an absolute joke and playing with emotions. Are they not doing private ceremonies.

Mk1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mk1 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:02 pm

1Akmal wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:21 pm
Mk1 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:18 am
Hi everyone,
Naturalisation submitted online on the 16th of July 2020/Biometrics appointment in September/Response received by letter on the 8th of October/In the letter i was asked to wait up to12 weeks for the invitation letter, which I've done,when this was due(late December)I wrote an email to NationalityCaseworkDecisionService@homeoffice.gov.uk with my situation, case number etc,got an answer from a very helpful and friendly case worker on the same week,telling me that the letter was printed already, and just wait for it to arrive.
By the way,I m registered with Milton Keynes Council,which they started doing virtual Ceremonies 👍👍👍
Now fingers crossed and wait for my 2021 first present 🎁 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 Good look to everyone!
@mk1 did you or anyone else managed to book the ceremony with Milton Keynes council??
Update, I just received the invitation letter yesterday, dated 17th December. Sent a email to MK Registrars with my details as instructed on their website in the way to be booked for a online Ceremony, now I'm waiting for their call.
Cheers!

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by jgirgis85 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:04 pm

Anyone here from Kent Council?

I received my invitation letter from home office yesterday only to find out that all ceremonies in Kent are cancelled. Although their website state that the service is still working and the date on the status page says updated on 11 of Jan but their phones and email auto reply says that everything was cancelled from the 7th :shock: :
Thank you for contacting the Citizenship team at the Kent Register Office.

Following the government announcement of 4th January 2021 we have cancelled citizenship ceremonies on 7th January 2021, and await further guidance regarding future ceremony dates.

We will contact all affected customers with further information as soon as possible.

We are dealing with a high volume of enquiries at this time and you may prefer to email rather than call us with your enquiry. Thank you for your patience and support at this time.
The date on my invitation letter is the 30th of December and it says I have to call my council within 21 days of the date on the letter but it doesn't look like they are going to even reply to my emails at this time. So what should I do?

Anyone else in the same situation with Kent Council? also did anyone manage to speak to them over the phone?

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:47 pm

I Did send email three days ago regarding my invitation my approval is in 9th November, That’s what home office reply me. Thank you for your e-mail

According to our system the documents are in progress and you will be contacted in due course. Please do not contact your Local Authority until you have received your invitation as they will not have your certificate to conduct your ceremony before this.
I fully appreciate that you, attending your citizenship ceremony is the final part of the process and please be assured that we aim to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

UKVI - Citizenship, Work, Study, Premium
Red Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP

Desmond123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Desmond123 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:53 pm

Gard wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:15 am
Hi mate could you please tell me what was your approval date? I'm also waiting for invitation from Manchester city council and my approval date was 21st of October.
Thanks

My Approval was 20th Oct and I have received Invitation via email and post. The council have received my invitation aswel, they are planing on how to conduct the ceremony via virtual.

imz2020
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by imz2020 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:12 pm

I received the following message from HO. I was approved on 26 Oct .

Thank you for your e-mail

According to our system the documents are in progress and you will be contacted in due course. Please do not contact your Local Authority until you have received your invitation as they will not have your certificate to conduct your ceremony before this.

I fully appreciate that you, attending your citizenship ceremony is the final part of the process and please be assured that we aim to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.

I am not sure sure what they mean by "in progress". Fingers crossed it means its on its way.

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:21 pm

I was approved on 9th November and same reply

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:24 pm

imz2020 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:12 pm

I am not sure sure what they mean by "in progress". Fingers crossed it means its on its way.

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:24 pm

imz2020 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:12 pm

bobvana
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bobvana » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:37 pm

Kent County Council has cancelled all the group ceremonies and now doing individual ones for free, still no option for virtual ones though.

anm88
Newly Registered
India

Post by anm88 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:00 pm

anyone waiting on their council that does not have virtual ceremony and has cancelled in person ceremonies for the lockdown?

I'm waiting on Greenwich Council who confirmed that there have no plans for new ceremony bookings (group or private) until end of Feb due to lockdown. No virtual option on this.

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:43 pm

jgirgis85 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:04 pm

I received my invitation letter from home office yesterday only to find out that all ceremonies in Kent are cancelled. Although their website state that the service is still working and the date on the status page says updated on 11 of Jan but their phones and email auto reply says that everything was cancelled from the 7th :shock: :

Following the government announcement of 4th January 2021 we have cancelled citizenship ceremonies on 7th January 2021, and await further guidance regarding future ceremony dates.

We will contact all affected customers with further information as soon as possible.

We are dealing with a high volume of enquiries at this time and you may prefer to email rather than call us with your enquiry. Thank you for your patience and support at this time.
The date on my invitation letter is the 30th of December and it says I have to call my council within 21 days of the date on the letter but it doesn't look like they are going to even reply to my emails at this time. So what should I do?

Anyone else in the same situation with Kent Council? also did anyone manage to speak to them over the phone?
I live in Dartford, Kent

I have recieved my invitation letter BUT when I contacted the council they siad they havent recieved my certigicate yet.

Many thanks for your email. We have not yet received your certificate from the Home Office. Once we have, we will send you a letter inviting you along to a ceremony. Until then, we are unable to offer you a date as we do not have your details on record.

Thank you

aswadi
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by aswadi » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:49 pm

jgirgis85 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:04 pm

Don't worry. The 21 days is not relevant, particularly if there are no ceremonies. You need to attend the ceremony within 6 months of being invited. https://www.gov.uk/citizenship-ceremonies

aswadi
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by aswadi » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:50 pm

westminster1213 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:14 pm
westminster1213 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:08 pm
received letter today as well (approval date 19th October)

The home office reference number is the same on both letters

Thanks
any luck with people booking for westminster council?
They seem pretty swamped. Managed to get booked in for end of next week, but they are going through emails 1 by 1 and calling them up to arrange the booking so taking much longer than usual.

westminster1213
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by westminster1213 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:55 pm

aswadi wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:50 pm
westminster1213 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:14 pm
westminster1213 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:08 pm
received letter today as well (approval date 19th October)

The home office reference number is the same on both letters

Thanks
any luck with people booking for westminster council?
They seem pretty swamped. Managed to get booked in for end of next week, but they are going through emails 1 by 1 and calling them up to arrange the booking so taking much longer than usual.
ok thanks, did they give you a call after you send them an email? i have emailed them twice but no response yet so suppose will wait