ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set M information requirwd

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

assad4abbas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Set M information requirwd

Post by assad4abbas » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:57 pm

Hello everyone.
I need advice on few things regarding Set M spousal ILR.

Q1. Date entered to the UK was 9th March 2016 so I take it I can apply within last 28 days before reaching 5th anniversary of stay in the UK? Leaving few days apart can I apply on 15th February 2021 for SET M ILR?

Q2.I heard Once you apply online (priority services are currently suspended) then you have to wait before you get access to IDV application to upload documents and biometrics which could take 8-12 weeks. So my question here is a. is this true information regarding process. b. if it is then would you upload documents up until the date you applied online or the date you get access to the IDV app? in such case need to request few documents again e.g some documents like home report or current appointment report are only valid for 28 days form the issuance.

Q3. I always went for premium day appointment so not familiar with current changes in the process of visa applications due to COVID situation. So once documents are uploaded and if biometrics are done in ukvcas centre then what would you take with you? what documents they still require in original to be submitted at the visa centre if any? and what documents they keep hold onto until decision is made? and do you still required to carry documents which are already uploaded online successfully?

Q4. As british spouse and our two british kids do they need any original documents from us three?

Q5. is it worth it to wait for super priority service as visa finished in June 2021. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for reading this.

AlexAlexAlex

Re: SET M information required

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:52 pm

assad4abbas wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:57 pm
Hello everyone.
I need advice on few things regarding Set M spousal ILR.

Q1. Date entered to the UK was 9th March 2016 so I take it I can apply within last 28 days before reaching 5th anniversary of stay in the UK? Leaving few days apart can I apply on 15th February 2021 for SET M ILR?

Yes you can apply 28 days before so 15 of Feb is fine

Q2.I heard Once you apply online (priority services are currently suspended) then you have to wait before you get access to IDV application to upload documents and biometrics which could take 8-12 weeks. So my question here is a. is this true information regarding process. b. if it is then would you upload documents up until the date you applied online or the date you get access to the IDV app? in such case need to request few documents again e.g some documents like home report or current appointment report are only valid for 28 days form the issuance.

A. As soon as you finish the application you receive an email from IDV and can upload your documents.
B. You can't upload the documents until submitting documents, please note, you Must not submit earlier than 5 years qualifying period minus 28 days.

Q3. I always went for premium day appointment so not familiar with current changes in the process of visa applications due to COVID situation. So once documents are uploaded and if biometrics are done in ukvcas centre then what would you take with you? what documents they still require in original to be submitted at the visa centre if any? and what documents they keep hold onto until decision is made? and do you still required to carry documents which are already uploaded online successfully?

You need to take all original documents with you, just in case some of them haven't been uploaded properly, they will return them all back to you after appointment.

Q4. As british spouse and our two british kids do they need any original documents from us three?

Please see 3.

Q5. is it worth it to wait for super priority service as visa finished in June 2021. Just a suggestion.

No

Thanks for reading this.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Set M information requirwd

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:32 am

IDV is the past. You must book an appointment now after you submit your application. No email is sent. These days biometrics appointment is running at a 28 day lag.

Self-submit your documents before biometrics. Just carry originals like passport, BRP, LIUK, English Requirements etc. No need to print soft copies. Passport and appointment confirmation is checked only.
Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload”

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Keep a check on your email/junk folder.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

assad4abbas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Director of a LTD company/Set (M)

Post by assad4abbas » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:02 pm

Hello everyone.

Just going to apply for Set (M) on 15 February for my spouse. I am gonna need some advice about financial requirement.

Is Furlough scheme counts as public funds? research I am doing so far comes to this 'It is not a public fund and should'nt be affected on visa status'.

I have a limited company since 2017, in fact last FLR extension was granted on the grounds of employee/director of the same company. My company financial year is 1 aug 2019 to 31 july 2020. My application will be depending on last year CT600 where director salary is 19k. I had IT contracts until February 2020 and since then Furlough is feeding that company account and salary is taken constantly from the account to update PAYE. So march 20 till july 20, its been taking furlough and withdrawing salary every month. As far as I understand my application is relying on CT600 for the company financial year and it states director salary over 19K. will this be acceptable for SET (M)??

Since Furlough payment is not enough to cover my monthly expenses so I have to dig into bounce back loan amount. The visa application requires you to have ongoing employment so I am still doing the same but now I have started to get odd work and company is starting to get actual money into the business account (although a fraction of monthly income). PAYE is consistently updating and salary is withdrawn every month.

March 2020 till Now company is getting Furlough and then adding some extra from bounce back existing business loan amount (as no IT contracts). No universal credit or child credits are claimed in the meantime. will this be an issue?

Thanks

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:17 pm

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Have a read of the section 'Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement'
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

assad4abbas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by assad4abbas » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:22 pm

its not related to what i asked for in my post..