ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent visa / exit advice needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Parent visa / exit advice needed

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:49 pm

I am British citizen with parents in Pakistan. If my parent comes here on a one year or two year visit visa. If they need to exit after 6 months is it ok to exit in Europe instead of going back to Pakistan and come back again? My parents are old aged and long distance travel is more challenging for them and they want to spend more time with us in UK so wanted to look for best possible option. Kindly guide me guys with your valuable advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Parent visa / exit advice needed

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:31 am

naveediiqbal wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:49 pm
I am British citizen with parents in Pakistan. If my parent comes here on a one year or two year visit visa. If they need to exit after 6 months is it ok to exit in Europe instead of going back to Pakistan and come back again? My parents are old aged and long distance travel is more challenging for them and they want to spend more time with us in UK so wanted to look for best possible option. Kindly guide me guys with your valuable advice.

The HO and IOs at PoEs have Knowledge of this kind of arrangements already. It will be a contravention of their visa rules too if they are spending more times in the UK than in their home country

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:23 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:49 pm
One cant spend more than 6 months in UK in any 12 month rolling period in Visitor Visa.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:42 pm

And in addition you cannot apply for a visit visa from a country you do not hold residency