ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information regarding my son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Information regarding my son

Post by Msingh2020 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:59 am

Many thanks for all the users helping me in getting ILR under tier 2 5 years route. My son was born in 2016 and I guess is now eligible for citizenship.

I know nothing about citizenship, so will be really helpful if someone can please guide me. Do we have to fill the form online and which part do I need to fill.

Do I also have to attach letter from sponsor and will their ne any maintanence requirement?

Do I also have to submit proof of living address, if yes what proof ?

What documents do I need to submit?

also he is only 4 years old so does he also need to give biometric in person.

Finally how long it is taking to get the decision as I am thinking to travel india in first week of Februray.

secret.simon

Re: Information regarding my son

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:29 am

Where was your son born?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:41 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:29 am
Where was your son born?
My son was born in uk, July 2016 . Since that we have changed couple addresses

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:54 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1

Apply online:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1

No address proof is needed. Child’s UK birth certificate and your ILR is enough. You will need two referees for the child also.

Does your child have any PBS dep visa for now? Did you get your ILR via the PBS route?
If he has, you can travel even after making an MN1 application as long you return before his visa expiry.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:07 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:54 pm
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1

Apply online:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1

So I guess I don't have to manually fill the form, what about maintance requirement and biometric photos

No address proof is needed. Child’s UK birth certificate and your ILR is enough. You will need two referees for the child also.

Thanks for the confirmation. I can get from the school where, can the other one be from doctor or a friend?

Does your child have any PBS dep visa for now? Did you get your ILR via the PBS route?
If he has, you can travel even after making an MN1 application as long you return before his visa expiry.
I got ILR under tier 2 (5years route) and current my son has tier 2 dependent visa. So does this means I can travel back home

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:23 pm

Yes, after you make an MN1 application for him. Make sure he has to attend biometrics appointment also within 2 months of application. He can travel before or after biometrics also does not matter. As long he is back in UK for biometrics and before his visa expiry. This is not an immigration application. MN1 falls under the Nationality laws and he is free to travel.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:36 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:23 pm
Yes, after you make an MN1 application for him. Make sure he has to attend biometrics appointment also within 2 months of application. He can travel before or after biometrics also does not matter. As long he is back in UK for biometrics and before his visa expiry. This is not an immigration application. MN1 falls under the Nationality laws and he is free to travel.
Many thanks this is really helpful at least I can travel. Where can I get reference for my son, I am thinking to get one from school but not sure from whome I need to get other reference. Will I also have to attach my bank statement.

Once I fill the form online do I also need to print sign and send by post as I am reading that you have to write by hand and paste photo of the child

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:42 pm

You will follow the same UKVCAS procedure after applying MN1 which you are aware of. Everything is scanned and uploaded.

Referee follow directions:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

If you fail, also see:
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi all, I hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy.

I have filled an online form for my son, the application says apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizenship I hope I have selected the correct form.

In my application I have used two references one from doctor and the other one is of my friend who knows my family and he is also a director running his own business. Please let me know if both these references are acceptable.

We changed three addess in last 5 years. I have given all three addresses, but my question is that do I alsi need to give evidence that my son has been living in all three addresses as I have only got a red book or school admission email as an addess proof.

May I also ask what other documents do I need to upload on ukvcas website and does my does needs to go for biometric as he is only 4 years old

I will be really grateful if someone can please get back to me as I am in the middle of uploading documents

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:56 pm

Msingh2020 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:44 pm

I have filled an online form for my son, the application says apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizenship I hope I have selected the correct form.

In my application I have used two references one from doctor and the other one is of my friend who knows my family and he is also a director running his own business. Please let me know if both these references are acceptable.
Yes

We changed three addess in last 5 years. I have given all three addresses, but my question is that do I alsi need to give evidence that my son has been living in all three addresses as I have only got a red book or school admission email as an addess proof.
No proof needed. Child is only 4 years old. State address where child has lived during those 4 years

May I also ask what other documents do I need to upload on ukvcas website and does my does needs to go for biometric as he is only 4 years old
The checklist will tell you what you need. Yes he will attend UKVCAS appointment for a digital photo only

I will be really grateful if someone can please get back to me as I am in the middle of uploading documents

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:56 pm
Msingh2020 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:44 pm

Yes

No proof needed. Child is only 4 years old. State address where child has lived during those 4 years

The checklist will tell you what you need. Yes he will attend UKVCAS appointment for a digital photo only

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

My friend was saying that I should apply for child benefit as that's something I can get regardless of how much I earn as everyone kids get it.may I ask if this is true if yes do I have to wait for my son to get British citizenship or can I apply now.

Secondly my wife and daughter are still on tier 2 dependent visa. Will this affect my wife status ?

If I can apply under my name then where do I need to go and apply for? Can I also then apply for my daughter even she is on tier 2 dependent ?

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:51 pm

Hi all, I am uploading documents on ukvcas website now and got couple of questions. I will be really grateful if someone can please get back to me on urgent basis:

1) I have downloaded the parents consent form may I ask if we just have to fill the first page as parents because the check list that letter of consent from parents or legal guardian should be attached with full name and addresses. As we are just parents we are filling the first page which doesn't ask us to fill the addresses, second page does but it is for guardian. Please advise

2) checklist also ask to submit proof of father another parental responsibility for my son.may I ask what documents do I need to show here he is only 4 years old

I will be really grateful if someone can get back to me as I am in the middle of uploading docs.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:22 pm

Msingh2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:51 pm
Hi all, I am uploading documents on ukvcas website now and got couple of questions. I will be really grateful if someone can please get back to me on urgent basis:

1) I have downloaded the parents consent form may I ask if we just have to fill the first page as parents because the check list that letter of consent from parents or legal guardian should be attached with full name and addresses. As we are just parents we are filling the first page which doesn't ask us to fill the addresses, second page does but it is for guardian. Please advise

2) checklist also ask to submit proof of father another parental responsibility for my son.may I ask what documents do I need to show here he is only 4 years old

I will be really grateful if someone can get back to me as I am in the middle of uploading docs.
1- You only need to fill father and mother details in 1st page of parents consent form.

2- Birth certificate is enough proof for Father's parental responsibility.

I have recently applied using MN1 form for my Son and the above worked without any issue.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:53 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:22 pm
Msingh2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:51 pm

1- You only need to fill father and mother details in 1st page of parents consent form.

2- Birth certificate is enough proof for Father's parental responsibility.

I have recently applied using MN1 form for my Son and the above worked without any issue.

Many thanks for the information. Mayi ask where does it shows on the application that it is mn1 form as mine shows type of application: apply for registration of a child under 18 as a british citizen ship

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:06 pm

Msingh2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:53 pm

Many thanks for the information. Mayi ask where does it shows on the application that it is mn1 form as mine shows type of application: apply for registration of a child under 18 as a british citizen ship
It states MN1 when you start application in link "https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1". Later it says "Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen" which is correct as according to your observation.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:14 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:06 pm
Msingh2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:53 pm

It states MN1 when you start application in link "https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1". Later it says "Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen" which is correct as according to your observation.
Many thanks all clear now, I guess now my son will have to wait for 6 months. Do we get an email for approval and does my son also needs to attend ceremony. Sorry not sure of these things as I myself is on ILR.
May I also ask can I know apply for child benefit or do I have to get my son to be british citizenship first.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:17 pm

Children under 18 do NOT attend a ceremony.

You could get approval by email or by post.

You can claim child benefit if you hold ilr. It is the parent that claims, not the child. This also isn't the correct topic or sub forum to ask about benefits though.

claiming-benefits/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:17 pm
Children under 18 do NOT attend a ceremony.

You could get approval by email or by post.

You can claim child benefit if you hold ilr. It is the parent that claims, not the child. This also isn't the correct topic or sub forum to ask about benefits though.

claiming-benefits/
Many thanks for the reply and yes Ifor future I will post any child benefit questions in benefit tab