ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set LR queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Set LR queries

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:48 am

Dear Expert ,
I have lawfully lived in the UK since June 2010 and seem to be eligible to apply for ILR under the long term residence route. My spouse is also qualified to apply for ILR under long term residence as she has lawfully lived in the UK since September 2010.
I am just about to submit my Set LR application and am currently at the payment stage. It only gives the Standard service option at £2408.20 and it says most people get a decision within 6 months.
It doesn’t give the option of using super priority service which I understand is currently suspended.

My questions as below, really appreciate your advise
1) Is there a tentative date anyone knows when super priority service will resume or does it all depend on how lockdown goes?
2) Reason for asking is as we found out last month that we are due to have a baby In July 2021. I hear one parent having ILR means the baby will be eligible for British citizenship. So we want to know if waiting for a couple months from now and applying through super priority service (should it open up) would be a better move as that would mean we would get a decision much faster. Which means one of us may have ILR by the time the baby is born and the baby will be eligible for citizenship. But I know waiting for super priority service to open is a risk considering the fact there is no guarantee when this service may open. Just want your advise and take on it
3) If we get our ILR decision after the baby is born, and we apply for the baby to get citizenship as soon as one of has ILR, how long will it take for the baby’s application to process and a decision to be made on the baby’s application for citizenship
4) I have a few more questions with regards to the Set LR application. Pls can you advise which forum I can post them on?

Many thanks for all your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set LR queries

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:03 am

1. No we don't know when or if super priority will resume.

2. Super priority, when available,is also not a guaranteed quick decision service.

3. You then have to register the child as British on form MN1, costs £1012. It can take anywhere between 8 weeks and 6 months.

4. Continue your questions in this topic. Your post was split form wher you originally posted.

You could have applied laste year already. Why didn't you?

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-under-lo ... l#p1900942
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:16 pm

Dear CR001

Many thanks for your reply. Appreciate it very much.

Yes, you are correct. I was meant to apply last year. However, I had to hold due to work-related travel that was supposed to happen (which kept getting canceled and re-instated) due to the uncertainties during the pandemic. I needed to have my passport in hand ready to travel should things have got better. Since my current visa is valid until Jan 2022, I kept pushing the application back with the hope that lockdown will end and super-priority service may resume where I can obtain a quicker decision on my application. However, it does not seem like travel will happen anytime soon considering the current climate hence I am now ready to apply.

Pls see the questions I have with regards to the SET LR application

1) Question - “Do you have a valid national identity card?” I have answered YES to this question and provided my NI details from my birth country. However, the details on this ID are in my birth country language (not English). Will this be a problem? If so, should I answer “no” to this question or leave the details already entered

2) Question - “Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?” I have answered “YES” to this question and provided the Case ID of my last visa application in 2018 (which is the only one I can find). Is this sufficient? If not, I can provide all BRP numbers and Visa numbers I have held throughout my 10years if that helps (instead of Case ID or home office reference numbers)

3) Question - “When did you first enter the UK?” I first entered the UK on 27th June under a visit Visa (valid from 24th May 2010 to 24th Nov 2010). I left the UK on 11th Sept 2010 to obtain Tier 2 ICT visa and came back to the UK on 10th October 2010 and started work in the UK on the 18th of October 2010. I have answered this question by saying 27th June 2010 as the first date I entered the UK. Pls, confirm this is ok. I understand from our previous forum that this is correct hence sorry for asking again but the reason for asking is as it's linked to some of my questions in point 4 below

4) Question - “Since you started living in the UK have you spent time outside the UK?”
I have answered this question by saying “YES”. I have been on 41 trips in total since 27th June 2010. The application only allowed me to enter 30 trips and said any more can be handwritten and submitted separately

• Is there a separate form to fill this in or should I do it on a blank sheet of paper?
• Do I need to provide details until 27th June 2010 (10yrs 6 months ago) or can I provide trips until Jan 2011 (10years ago)? Either way, I have not exceeded 540days in total nor stayed for 180days at a stretch outside of the UK. Just need to know how far back I need to provide details for
• I have got 3 passports since 2010. Do I need to upload all passport pages or just the pages of each passport with stamps on them?

5) Question - “Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality, or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?” I have answered this question by saying YES and provided details of my father who lives in my country of birth. I have also provided details of my mother who lives in the UK. The reason I provided my mother's details is as they have mentioned giving details of family members in countries where I have lived for more than 5 years in which I assume includes the UK. Pls, advise if this is correct or should I remove my mother’s details?

6) Question - “Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality, or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?” I have answered this question by saying YES and provided 3 of my friend’s details who I am occasionally in touch with. I’ve got many other friends who I am in touch with, please advise if 3 is sufficient.

7) Question - “Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality, or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?” I am not clear with this question as I do not know what it exactly means but I have answered it by saying yes and explained that I am not part of any social groups, but I am close to my father and friends who I try and visit as often as I can (at least once a year). Pls advise if this is ok or should I answer no to this question?

8) Question - “When did you start living together with your spouse?” I answered this by saying March 2010 as that’s when we got married in our birth country. Is this ok or do they mean when we started living together in the UK (which was since October 2010)

9) Question - “Does your spouse have any Home Office reference numbers?”
I have answered YES to this question and provided 2 Case ID’s of my spouse’s last visa application in 2014 & 2018 (which are the only ones we can find). Is this sufficient? If not, we can provide all BRP numbers and Visa numbers she has held throughout my 10years if that helps (instead of Case ID or home office reference numbers)

10) Question - “Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance, or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?”
I did require to prove English knowledge back in 2012. I proved it through “PTE Academic” which was an approved test at the time (although it is not now). If I answer yes to this question and provide these details it does not give me an option to load the details of the latest B1 English language Test I Took through Trinity College London this month and passed/obtained a certificate for. When I answer this question by saying “no” it gave me the option of giving my trinity college London details. So, I have answered this question by saying “no” and then answered yes when it asked me if I have passed an approved English Language test. Hope this is ok

11) Question - “When did you start working for this company or organization?”
I started my career with my current organization in October 2005 back in my birth country. I was then transferred through Tier 2 ICT in October 2010. My first working day in the UK part of my organization is 18th October 2010. Pls, confirm 18th Oct 2010 is what I should enter.
Just want to make sure this is ok and would not have a problem considering the fact I came to the UK on 27th June 2010

12) Clarifications regarding Documents to provide

a) “Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your spouse (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years”
• Pls help advise if I will need to provide originals of the marriage certificate. This is not a problem however I am getting my spouse to submit her SET LR the same day (or within a few days) of me submitting mine. So, one party will not have originals to accompany.
• With regards to correspondence addressed either to us jointly or individually at the same address, to cover the last two years – Pls advise what documents are best to provide? We have got joint bank statements and water bills which come under both our names. There are also loads of other correspondences that comes separately to us under the same address. Just want to know the best documents to provide so we do not inundate the caseworker with too many documents

b) “Proof of your relationship status as the married or civil partner of your spouse”
• Pls can you advise the difference between this point and the previous point (a). Is it that they require things such as pictures, social media communication, etc between the 2 of us? (This is what the requested back in 2011 when my spouse applied for a Dependents visa). If not, please can you advise what type of proof we need to provide here? Thanks

c) “Document(s) showing your spouse’s immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette”

• Pls advise if providing copies of the above (if required by post) is sufficient. The reason is as my spouse will need her originals for her application

d) “The language test certificate for you to prove the level of English language required”
e) “The passport issued by Sri Lanka for you”
f) “Current Biometric Residence Permit of you”
g) “All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK”

• All above from d to g is ok.

13) Question “Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?” Is there anything in particular that I have got to mention here?

14) Finally, just wanted to get your thoughts on what you have heard from other applicants regarding processing times nowadays for ILR standard applications. Have there been any instances where decisions are made faster regardless of the pandemic? Also, decisions taking over 6 months. Fully understand this will vary case by case. Just wanted to get an idea of what you have heard

Apologies for the number of questions posted. Understand the answers to some of the questions I’ve posted might be obvious, but we just want to double-check to make sure the application is as perfect as it could be to avoid any back and forth.

Many thanks for your help

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:32 pm

tier2ictvisa2010 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:16 pm
Dear CR001

Many thanks for your reply. Appreciate it very much.

Yes, you are correct. I was meant to apply last year. However, I had to hold due to work-related travel that was supposed to happen (which kept getting canceled and re-instated) due to the uncertainties during the pandemic. I needed to have my passport in hand ready to travel should things have got better. Since my current visa is valid until Jan 2022, I kept pushing the application back with the hope that lockdown will end and super-priority service may resume where I can obtain a quicker decision on my application. However, it does not seem like travel will happen anytime soon considering the current climate hence I am now ready to apply.

Pls see the questions I have with regards to the SET LR application

1) Question - “Do you have a valid national identity card?” I have answered YES to this question and provided my NI details from my birth country. However, the details on this ID are in my birth country language (not English). Will this be a problem? If so, should I answer “no” to this question or leave the details already entered. Keep it simple, just answer "No".

2) Question - “Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?” I have answered “YES” to this question and provided the Case ID of my last visa application in 2018 (which is the only one I can find). Is this sufficient? If not, I can provide all BRP numbers and Visa numbers I have held throughout my 10years if that helps (instead of Case ID or home office reference numbers) This is an "if known" question and not mandatory. What you have done is okay. You can also just answer "No"

3) Question - “When did you first enter the UK?” I first entered the UK on 27th June under a visit Visa (valid from 24th May 2010 to 24th Nov 2010). I left the UK on 11th Sept 2010 to obtain Tier 2 ICT visa and came back to the UK on 10th October 2010 and started work in the UK on the 18th of October 2010. I have answered this question by saying 27th June 2010 as the first date I entered the UK. Pls, confirm this is ok. I understand from our previous forum that this is correct hence sorry for asking again but the reason for asking is as it's linked to some of my questions in point 4 below. Technically this is the date on which you are basing the 10 year ILR application. Hence, 10th October. I would suggest answering that and then clarifying the visit visa details in a cover letter.

4) Question - “Since you started living in the UK have you spent time outside the UK?”
I have answered this question by saying “YES”. I have been on 41 trips in total since 27th June 2010. The application only allowed me to enter 30 trips and said any more can be handwritten and submitted separately. Create an excel detailing all absences (including the 30 in the form), print as PDF and upload with supporting documents.

• Is there a separate form to fill this in or should I do it on a blank sheet of paper?
• Do I need to provide details until 27th June 2010 (10yrs 6 months ago) or can I provide trips until Jan 2011 (10years ago)? Either way, I have not exceeded 540days in total nor stayed for 180days at a stretch outside of the UK. Just need to know how far back I need to provide details for The 10 years you will be basing the application on. So, Jan 2011 to Jan 2021.
• I have got 3 passports since 2010. Do I need to upload all passport pages or just the pages of each passport with stamps on them? Best practice is to upload all pages of all passports.

5) Question - “Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality, or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?” I have answered this question by saying YES and provided details of my father who lives in my country of birth. I have also provided details of my mother who lives in the UK. The reason I provided my mother's details is as they have mentioned giving details of family members in countries where I have lived for more than 5 years in which I assume includes the UK. Pls, advise if this is correct or should I remove my mother’s details? The answer to this question does not matter. Answer truthfully to your situation. It has no bearing on the outcome of your application.

6) Question - “Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality, or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?” I have answered this question by saying YES and provided 3 of my friend’s details who I am occasionally in touch with. I’ve got many other friends who I am in touch with, please advise if 3 is sufficient. See answer to 5.

7) Question - “Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality, or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?” I am not clear with this question as I do not know what it exactly means but I have answered it by saying yes and explained that I am not part of any social groups, but I am close to my father and friends who I try and visit as often as I can (at least once a year). Pls advise if this is ok or should I answer no to this question? See answer to 5.

8) Question - “When did you start living together with your spouse?” I answered this by saying March 2010 as that’s when we got married in our birth country. Is this ok or do they mean when we started living together in the UK (which was since October 2010) See answer to 5. If you were living together in your country of birth then use that date.

9) Question - “Does your spouse have any Home Office reference numbers?”
I have answered YES to this question and provided 2 Case ID’s of my spouse’s last visa application in 2014 & 2018 (which are the only ones we can find). Is this sufficient? If not, we can provide all BRP numbers and Visa numbers she has held throughout my 10years if that helps (instead of Case ID or home office reference numbers) Set LR has no concept of dependants. Just answer no, or leave the details you have already entered.

10) Question - “Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance, or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?”
I did require to prove English knowledge back in 2012. I proved it through “PTE Academic” which was an approved test at the time (although it is not now). If I answer yes to this question and provide these details it does not give me an option to load the details of the latest B1 English language Test I Took through Trinity College London this month and passed/obtained a certificate for. When I answer this question by saying “no” it gave me the option of giving my trinity college London details. So, I have answered this question by saying “no” and then answered yes when it asked me if I have passed an approved English Language test. Hope this is ok Yes

11) Question - “When did you start working for this company or organization?”
I started my career with my current organization in October 2005 back in my birth country. I was then transferred through Tier 2 ICT in October 2010. My first working day in the UK part of my organization is 18th October 2010. Pls, confirm 18th Oct 2010 is what I should enter.
Just want to make sure this is ok and would not have a problem considering the fact I came to the UK on 27th June 2010 Answer however you see fit and elaborate in the cover letter if you feel the need to clarify.

12) Clarifications regarding Documents to provide

a) “Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your spouse (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years”
• Pls help advise if I will need to provide originals of the marriage certificate. This is not a problem however I am getting my spouse to submit her SET LR the same day (or within a few days) of me submitting mine. So, one party will not have originals to accompany. Not required.
• With regards to correspondence addressed either to us jointly or individually at the same address, to cover the last two years – Pls advise what documents are best to provide? We have got joint bank statements and water bills which come under both our names. There are also loads of other correspondences that comes separately to us under the same address. Just want to know the best documents to provide so we do not inundate the caseworker with too many documents Not required.

b) “Proof of your relationship status as the married or civil partner of your spouse”
• Pls can you advise the difference between this point and the previous point (a). Is it that they require things such as pictures, social media communication, etc between the 2 of us? (This is what the requested back in 2011 when my spouse applied for a Dependents visa). If not, please can you advise what type of proof we need to provide here? Thanks Not required.

c) “Document(s) showing your spouse’s immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette”

• Pls advise if providing copies of the above (if required by post) is sufficient. The reason is as my spouse will need her originals for her application Not required.

d) “The language test certificate for you to prove the level of English language required”
e) “The passport issued by Sri Lanka for you”
f) “Current Biometric Residence Permit of you”
g) “All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK”

• All above from d to g is ok. Also ensure your Life in the UK test reference number is entered correctly in the form.

13) Question “Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?” Is there anything in particular that I have got to mention here? See answer to 5.

14) Finally, just wanted to get your thoughts on what you have heard from other applicants regarding processing times nowadays for ILR standard applications. Have there been any instances where decisions are made faster regardless of the pandemic? Also, decisions taking over 6 months. Fully understand this will vary case by case. Just wanted to get an idea of what you have heard Crrently averaging around 4 months from the date of application i.e the date you pay and submit.

Apologies for the number of questions posted. Understand the answers to some of the questions I’ve posted might be obvious, but we just want to double-check to make sure the application is as perfect as it could be to avoid any back and forth.

Many thanks for your help
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:45 pm

Dear Ajitu92, Thankyou very much for your replies.. They are all super clear.

Just one clarification. With regards to questions 12 a b & c - do you mean to say nothing is required (not even copies)? Just asking the question again as it showed that these were required in the documents section before payment section. Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:48 pm

The checklist is generic. You should flow the guidance notes and immigration rules.

For long residence ilr, you only need all passports, english requirement, liuk and current brp. Nothing else.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:32 pm

Thanks CR001.. All clear.

For future purpose, please can you let me know how I get in touch for any further queries on this topic in the event the topics locked out? Also how long does it take before a topic gets locked out? Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:32 pm

Topics don't "lock out". Just post if you have more queries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:23 pm

Noted Thanks CR001.

My previous topic from last year (the one you shared a link of at the start of this new topic) shows that it is locked. It has happened on other topics before too. Was wondering the same would happen with this so wanted to find out how long before a topic gets locked.

One more question regarding SET LR application form.
When entering details of trips made outside the uk,
which date should I mention as "the date I left the uk"? As you know the UK borders dont stamp when you exit the UK so should I use the entry stamp date of the country I travelled to as the date I left the uk? Reason for asking is as I've made alot of long haul trips which often means I have to leave the uk a day before I arrive at my destination. Problem is that I wouldn't be able to find which trips I left a day before arriving at my destination and which ones I didnt. Can I just mention the day I arrived in the country I travelled to as the date I left the UK? Or shall I take off a day and mention same as the date I left the uk for long haul trips. Only thing is that this wouldn't show on my pdf attachment docs as they will only have details of stamps.

Thanks

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:41 am

Moderators usually lock posts which are old and no longer active.

You may refer to your e-tickets if possible for your date of exit from the UK(which is what I did)
If you cannot find the exact dates, you may enter the dates in your passport when you entered the destination country and provide a note in the comments section about this.

HO already possess details of the dates you left/entered the UK from airline companies. So, be as accurate as possible
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:03 pm

Apologies for the late reply.. All very clear, Thanks very much Popper...

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:32 am

Dear Popper / CR001

Just a bit of a urgent query. I am just about to attend my visa appointment in a UKVCAS enhanced centre today and realised a small error I've made on my application form.

1) One out of 40+ trips I've made outside the UK during the last 10years is to Greece in August 2018. I left the uk on 24th August 2018 and returned on 28th August 2018. (Trip was 4 days). However on the application form I have accidentally typed in my return as 28th August 2019 (instead of 2018). Wanted to know if this will be a issue.
If so will it help if I do a cover letter to mention the above mistake I've made? Or can I leave it as they've got correct details in their systems?

Just fyi I have separately enclosed a pdf document with all my 40+ trips during the 10years with correct entry and exit dates along with my passport copies.

2) On a separate note to above, pleade can you advise the UKBA address details I need to address cover letters to

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:02 pm

1) You already sent the full details in the separate file. It will be fine
2) UKBA does not exist. It was disbanded in 2013. UKVI does not have an address to accept documents now as everything is digital

P.S. All the posts older than 6 months are automatically locked without our intervention. This is is to prevent bumping of old/outdated posts :idea:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:36 pm

Thankyou Zimba.

Actually I havent uploaded any documents as yet. It will be uploaded today during my appointment in the enhanced centre.(Documents will include my travel adsense pdf table).

Can I take it that it's ok not to do a cover letter at all?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:53 pm

tier2ictvisa2010 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:36 pm
Thankyou Zimba.

Actually I havent uploaded any documents as yet. It will be uploaded today during my appointment in the enhanced centre.(Documents will include my travel adsense pdf table).

Can I take it that it's ok not to do a cover letter at all?
You can add a cover letter if you want. I do not see if it's necessary
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:01 pm

Ok all clear. Thanks very much Zimba

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Sun May 09, 2021 10:16 am

Dear Moderators ,

Just a quick note to say Thankyou very much for all your support with our SET LR applications.. We got emails to confirm our ILR has been successful this weekend. So it took just less than 3 months. Thanks again for all your support..