ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stateless child of pakistani national

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Happydays11

Stateless child of pakistani national

Post by Happydays11 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:21 pm

I am opening the thread as lockdown people might get help if someone has the information on that

please be specific

account to http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Immigration.asp

Citizen by Descent:

Children of Pakistanis who are born outside of Pakistan are citizens by descent. If the parent of such child is a citizen by descent himself/herself (as born outside of Pakistan) the child is required to be registered in the nearest consulate or Pakistani mission.
Children born to Pakistani mother and foreign national father, after 18.04.2000, are treated as citizens of Pakistan.

although child has citizen by descent but this will only happen if they registered to nearest consulate or Pakistani mission.

from above statement my opinion child is entitle to subject application for BC if he lived 5 years as stateless.

anyone has or had any experience on it?

secret.simon

Re: Stateless child of pakistani national

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:44 pm

The child of a Pakistani parent who was themselves (the parent) born in Pakistan is not stateless, but automatically a Pakistani citizen, even of they do not have a Pakistani passport.

Such a child can therefore not be registered under the statelessness provisions.

Such a provision only kicks in for children born abroad to parents whose nationality does not automatically descent to their children, such as Indian and Australian citizens.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Happydays11

Post by Happydays11 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:44 pm

sorry this link

http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Immigration.aspx

moreover there is requirement

Registration Requirement for Overseas Pakistanis
(i) Registration of Child's Birth.
(ii) Annual Registration.

(i) Registration of Birth of a Child of Citizen of Pakistan Born in Country Outside Pakistan:
The birth of such children may be reported by the parents or guardians on Form S to the concerning Pakistan's Mission abroad within a period of six months.

(ii) Annual Registration by a Citizen of Pakistan Resident Abroad:
Citizen of Pakistan are required to get themselves registered in the quarter of every year with Pakistan Mission abroad annually.

and form S is citizenship form.

Happydays11

Post by Happydays11 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:51 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:44 pm
The child of a Pakistani parent who was themselves (the parent) born in Pakistan is not stateless, but automatically a Pakistani citizen, even of they do not have a Pakistani passport.

Such a child can therefore not be registered under the statelessness provisions.

Such a provision only kicks in for children born abroad to parents whose nationality does not automatically descent to their children, such as Indian and Australian citizens.
i don't agree about automatically citizenship, when i look into their website there is requirement to get child citizenship for example

1) form S is citizenship form

although he is entitle due to their parents like other nationalities but have to register to this missions.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:02 pm

This is the document that the Home Office has on Pakistani nationality law and what Home Office caseworkers will refer to.
Happydays11 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:51 pm
i don't agree about automatically citizenship, when i look into their website there is requirement to get child citizenship for example

1) form S is citizenship form

although he is entitle due to their parents like other nationalities but have to register to this missions.
Form S is not a citizenship form, as the Pakistani government website itself states.
Registration of Birth of a Child of Citizen of Pakistan Born in Country Outside Pakistan:
The birth of such children may be reported by the parents or guardians on Form S to the concerning Pakistan's Mission abroad within a period of six months.
This registration is not acquisition of Pakistani citizenship/nationality, bit merely the registration of the birth of a Pakistani citizen abroad, the equivalent of a consular birth certificate for British citizens born abroad. Both Form S registration and British consular birth certificates are voluntary actions for the respective citizens by descent born abroad.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Happydays11

Post by Happydays11 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Trust me they issue citizen certificate when they apply through form S