ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship online application and documents upload

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pzas21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Greece

British citizenship online application and documents upload

Post by pzas21 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:52 am

Good morning everyone and Happy New year,

I am new member in the forum and I couldn't find all the answers to my questions below. I am currently working on my British citizenship application and I have some questions:

1. To make it clear I have already submitted my application, few points here:

A. In the tax reference number, I didn't know what to add and I left it blank. Would that be a problem?

B. One of my referees has a middle name, which I have not put in my application (however it is shown in the referee declaration form that he signed). Again will it be a problem?

2. I believe I have uploaded all the required documents on the UKVCAS website and I am having my biometrics appointment next week in Bath, which I think it is an enhanced service point. The appointment I booked says standard appointment, do they still offer the document checking service?

3. Regarding the upload and submission of the documents. In the website, it says that I need to upload them 48 hours before my appointment, but it doesn't say if I need to submit them as well. When do I need to submit them? Can I do it during the appointment?

I appreciate your time.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Pavlos.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British citizenship online application and documents upload

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:31 pm

pzas21 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:52 am
Good morning everyone and Happy New year,

I am new member in the forum and I couldn't find all the answers to my questions below. I am currently working on my British citizenship application and I have some questions:

1. To make it clear I have already submitted my application, few points here:

A. In the tax reference number, I didn't know what to add and I left it blank. Would that be a problem?
It is the employer’s PAYE ref number. It will be mentioned on your payslips or P60 also

B. One of my referees has a middle name, which I have not put in my application (however it is shown in the referee declaration form that he signed). Again will it be a problem?
Clarify in the cover letter

Clarify both 1A and 1B in the cover letter
2. I believe I have uploaded all the required documents on the UKVCAS website and I am having my biometrics appointment next week in Bath, which I think it is an enhanced service point. The appointment I booked says standard appointment, do they still offer the document checking service?
Document checking service is usually purchased separately which is a waste

3. Regarding the upload and submission of the documents. In the website, it says that I need to upload them 48 hours before my appointment, but it doesn't say if I need to submit them as well. When do I need to submit them? Can I do it during the appointment?
Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload”

I appreciate your time.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Pavlos.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

pzas21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Greece

Post by pzas21 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:11 am

Hi Cullinan,

Thanks a lot for your prompt responses. I was not aware that we need to include a cover letter with our application, but this would make it easier to explain these few points.

Okay, I will most probably self-submit them before the appointment and if I miss any document, I can submit them during the appointment.

Thanks again for your time.

pzas21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Greece

Post by pzas21 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Hi Cullinan,

I posted it in another post, but, since, this one is the one I created I post my questions here as well.

Can you please give your feedback on the below?

I had my documents checked by the home office and they came back with the following recommendations:

1. If applicant had Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI), to be uploaded to the 'Other' category.
2. Please upload passport with bio and attach second page in one image to the 'Proof of Application' with all four corners showing as the one uploaded is not showing the corners.

Regarding the first point, it clearly states in the document upload section that:

"Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or incapacitated person, If you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy

I was a student in the UK back at 2013-2014,so I don't include that in my application. I remember I had some health insurance from EU when I came to UK but I cannot find it now. However, from what I understand from the above, the CSI is not required, as the qualifying period for me is from 2015-2020, correct?

Regarding the second point, I will upload the passport again, but what do they mean about the second page, is this the one with the signature?

Thanks,

Pavlos.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:36 pm

UKVCAS is not run by the Home Office nor by UKVI staff, they are an outsourcing company dealing with collecting applications and biometrics.
Regarding your queries:

1. You are required to prove legal residency for the residency period which is normally 5 year. However, compliance with immigration regulations is also part of the Good Character Requirement, for which caseworkers are required to assess the applicant over the past 10 years, not just the residency period - see below extract. So you are required to answer regarding CSI. I suggest you provide policy/insurance documentation you have regarding health cover and summarise your position in a covering note.

Good Character Caseworker Guidance: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
Page 49:
"In assessing whether a person has complied with immigration requirements over the
previous 10 years, you must take into account whether they were subject to the EEA
Regulations 2016 or the Immigration Act 1971 and whether they complied with the
relevant requirements."

2. Regarding the passport upload can't comment but you should be ok if you just upload all pages, so nothing is missed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:37 pm

Adding on:

2) Just upload the passport in “proof of application.”

PS UKVCAS staff does not know anything about immigration rules. They just follow the checklist.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

pzas21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Greece

Post by pzas21 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:12 pm

Hi,

Thank you both for your post.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a CSI while I was a student, however, I remember I had the EHIC, but I have lost it, so I cannot use that as a reason.

I just upload my passport at the moment and we will see.

I will proceed with my appointment this Tuesday, and hopefully this will not be a problem.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Pavlos.

t4ure4n

Post by t4ure4n » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:15 pm

pzas21 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:52 am

Hi.
Since you booked an appointment at an "enhanced service point" can you please advise me if you had to pay any extra fees, in addition to £19 which is charged automatically at the time of payment for citizenship application.

chadhas
Newly Registered
India

Post by chadhas » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:42 pm

Do you have a template for a cover letter? I want to know who do I address it to>

pzas21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Greece

Post by pzas21 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:39 pm

Hi.
Since you booked an appointment at an "enhanced service point" can you please advise me if you had to pay any extra fees, in addition to £19 which is charged automatically at the time of payment for citizenship application.
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, when I booked this appointment, it was the only available in the short time I wanted to have it...Yes, I did pay extra for that appointment... around £140

Hope this will help you!