ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting UK from Republic of Ireland

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zulqarnain

Visiting UK from Republic of Ireland

Post by Zulqarnain » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:41 pm

Hi All,

I am based in Ireland on my student visa Stamp 2 and studying my masters degree. My stamp 2 visa expires in September 2021

I have got a family in UK and I am wanting to visit them on an upcoming religious event (Eid) for a week.

I want to apply for a standard visitor visa for UK to stay with my family for a week and then return to Ireland to my studies.

I have got a bank account here but I have not got a big figures in it. My brother based in UK is my sponsor whilst I am studying in Ireland and I have all transaction details to provide evidence for this.

My reason to return to Ireland is my education only which I have paid a lot £12000 for and it is a masters degree so not for any reason I would breach any immigration rule to jeopardise my professional career.

I want to get some advises from your experiences, you guys must have seen 100s and 1000s cases like this.

Do you think my case is strong enough to obtain UK standard visitor visa?

Thanks.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Visiting UK from Republic of Ireland

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:26 pm

Based on the information supplied it should be a fairly routine application. Pretty pointless exercise to deny entry to the UK when you can freely cross to Northern Ireland...

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:49 am

So do you reckon it will be fairly a straight forward process and they will not be too strict on me? thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:34 pm

Unless you have a poor immigration or criminal history in the past it should be a straight forward affair.