ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application of a spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shupretty
Newly Registered

ILR application of a spouse

Post by shupretty » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:58 am

Hi Everyone,

Let me explain our situation first. In June 2020 I have got my ILR after completing 5 years in Tier 1 Entreprenuer visa. . My wife and I got married in 2015 and she was in tier 1 general visa that time and she applied for ILR but due to extensive travel she was refused and she become my dependent in October 2015. Now she ccompleted her five years and she has less than 180 days travel every year.she is still on tier 1 Entreprenuer dependent visa and her visa expires on February 2021.Now we would like to apply for her ILR. We would like to know the following :

1) what is the form we use to apply for ILR ? is it set O?

2) while we are filling up the application form, it is only asking us travel history from January 2018, last two years while our understanding was they will require last five years travel history? shall we provide UKVI last 5 years travel history anyway ?

3)We have completed the application and at the document section it requires her overseas education certificate to be approved by NARIC and also her B1 language certificate. she has recent B1 test certificate but her education certificate is not Naric approved. is it required to provide her education certificate ?
4) The application does not ask for any financial documents like our yearly salary or payslips ? is it not required for tier 1 Entreprenuer dependent ILR ?
5) As i told in the case history that my wifes tier 1 General ILR back in 2015 was refused but she did not appeal and become my dependent? what do we answer for the question - have you ever been refused? is it yes and then we explain ?

It would be helpful to get a promt response from the senior memeber. Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Shupretty.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR application of a spouse

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:08 am

shupretty wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:58 am
Hi Everyone,

Let me explain our situation first. In June 2020 I have got my ILR after completing 5 years in Tier 1 Entreprenuer visa. . My wife and I got married in 2015 and she was in tier 1 general visa that time and she applied for ILR but due to extensive travel she was refused and she become my dependent in October 2015. Now she ccompleted her five years and she has less than 180 days travel every year.she is still on tier 1 Entreprenuer dependent visa and her visa expires on February 2021.Now we would like to apply for her ILR. We would like to know the following :

1) what is the form we use to apply for ILR ? is it set O?
Yes

2) while we are filling up the application form, it is only asking us travel history from January 2018, last two years while our understanding was they will require last five years travel history? shall we provide UKVI last 5 years travel history anyway ?
She only has absence limits on any leave that was granted after 11th Jan 2018 i.e. 180 days on rolling basis. You only need to list absences for any leave granted after 11th Jan 2018

3)We have completed the application and at the document section it requires her overseas education certificate to be approved by NARIC and also her B1 language certificate. she has recent B1 test certificate but her education certificate is not Naric approved. is it required to provide her education certificate ?
Select “NO” to English degree and only list the B1 SELT. The checklist generated will be correct then

4) The application does not ask for any financial documents like our yearly salary or payslips ? is it not required for tier 1 Entreprenuer dependent ILR ?
Not needed

5) As i told in the case history that my wifes tier 1 General ILR back in 2015 was refused but she did not appeal and become my dependent? what do we answer for the question - have you ever been refused? is it yes and then we explain ?
Yes and explain

It would be helpful to get a promt response from the senior memeber. Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Shupretty.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

shupretty
Newly Registered

Post by shupretty » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:35 pm

Thank you for the quick response Mr Cullinan.

shupretty
Newly Registered

Post by shupretty » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:45 am

Hello senior Member,

We have submitted our application and able to submit the biometric within a week by travelling to Manchester. Anyway the case worker is now asking for documents that we have been living together for 5 years and been in a marriage. My wife has been on dependent visa Since September 2015 .As I mentioned before she was refused ILR and then become my dependent ratrher than applealing . Also we had an extention back is 2018 and now they are asking for proof of living together. Anyway please tell me what documents shall I send to the case worker

Council Tax docuemnts
Marriage certificate and registration ( got married in Bangladesh)
Bank Statements
Our property docuement that we own the property we live
Anything else ?

Regards
Nahid

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:34 pm

Did you provide cohabitation documents for the last TWO years with your application previously??

You need 3/4 different sources covering last 2 years i.e. every 3/4 months. Ideally in joint names, otherwise top up with sole name but same address. Any source can be used.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

shupretty
Newly Registered

Post by shupretty » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:43 pm

Yes We have provided that information during her initial dependent visa.

We are providing these documents

1) Marriage certificate from bangladesh
2) Bank statement, we do not have joint account but sent our separate statement showing living in the same address. ( old Jan 2016 & Dec 2020 my wifes & my statement and
3) Council Tax statement
4)property deeds
5) Driving license both of us showing same address
6)payslips ( both of our payslips)

Really appreciate the support. Thanks

shupretty
Newly Registered

Post by shupretty » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:02 pm

Just wanted to inform the members that we just recived the email for the ILR approval. Impressed by the super fast processing of the application by homeoffice.
Timeline :

Application : Set (0) Tier 1 dependent visa.

Apllication submitted : 12/01/2021
Biometric submitted : 16/01/2021
Caseworker asking for further doc: 19/01/2021
Doc sent via email: 19/01/2021 ( 11 pm )
App approved : 20/01/2020 ( 11 am ) .

Thanks for your support.