ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No exit stamps on passport for ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spouse
Newly Registered

No exit stamps on passport for ILR

Post by Spouse » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi

Left the UK in June 08 and came back after 14 days, but no exit (departure) stamp is on the passport with a 2-year spouse visa, only entry (arrival) stamp is on the passport.

Will leave the UK next week and come back in about 7 days and afterwards attend an interview at PEO for ILR application.

Questions:

How can I prove that the absence period is only 21 days as there are exit stamps on the passport?

Would PEO consider that the application is not straightforward because of the absence of the exit stamps on the passport and reject it immediately

Early replies are needed.

Spouse

maka1981
Newly Registered

Post by maka1981 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:28 pm

Perhaps, you have entry stamps for whichever country you visited?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:07 pm

I wouldn't worry overly. Give the real dates that you were outside the UK, not manufactured dates to fit in with passport stamps. UK exit stamps are not given (not routinely, not yet, anyway), so the absence of any exit stamps will not surprise anyone. Do you have other evidence of your general presence in the UK over the past 2 years?

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:26 pm

I would suggest your airline ticket and or boarding card would be good enough. They are acceped by immigration officers checking that you have not been away over 2 years.