ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel during first passport application (EU, Settled Status)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wendel
Newly Registered
Poland

Travel during first passport application (EU, Settled Status)

Post by wendel » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:33 am

Hi All and thank you in advance for the time to read and respond to this.

I am a naturalised EU national with settled status and now after my citizenship ceremony and want to apply for my first passport. A few questions regarding that:

- Do I need to submit my other passport (dual citizenship) with the application? Or can it be an ID card of the other country?
- Can I travel using one of my other documents while my application is processed? (medical treatments)
- Can I apply for passport with a different home address than the naturalisation application (I moved since then)
- Do I have to be physically at home when the passport is delivered by courier or a family member can accept the package?

Thank you!

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: Travel during first passport application (EU, Settled Status)

Post by obormot » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:39 pm

I believe the answer is "yes" for all your questions:
- You need to submit originals of all your "uncanceled" passports from all countries (technically, it may include even some expired ones)
- You can travel on your national ID - given that you have settled status you are allowed to enter UK on EU ID until 2025 (it does not matter the reason for travel)
Note though current covid problems with travel abroad and back.
Also, there is a (small) probability that you will be called for an interview.
- You can use any (UK) address you want
- The package can be accepted by someone else