ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigrating to France

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

miele
Newly Registered

Immigrating to France

Post by miele » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:30 pm

Hello All,

I am new here just join. I am a British Citizen and would like to immigrate to France. I speak fluent french, little Italian and Spanish. I would like to work and live there. I am 45 years old and have good skills, my career are Office Manager/Accountant. What are my chances to immigrate to France to find work and live there. I've travel to France on Business some years ago, but that has been a very long time ago.

I would appreciate any help and suggestion.

Many thanks in advance.

regards

miele

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Immigrating to France

Post by Wanderer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:59 pm

miele wrote:Hello All,

I am new here just join. I am a British Citizen and would like to immigrate to France. I speak fluent french, little Italian and Spanish. I would like to work and live there. I am 45 years old and have good skills, my career are Office Manager/Accountant. What are my chances to immigrate to France to find work and live there. I've travel to France on Business some years ago, but that has been a very long time ago.

Many thanks in advance.

regards

miele
Just go and do it, there's no visas required.

Though if u have to ask, I'd venture ur not the type to risk it....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

miele
Newly Registered

Re: Immigrating to France

Post by miele » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:55 pm

Wanderer wrote:
miele wrote:Hello All,

Many thanks in advance.

regards

miele
Just go and do it, there's no visas required.

Though if u have to ask, I'd venture ur not the type to risk it....
Hi Wanderer,

Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated, yes you are correct, I thought I better make sure of my chances before I make the big move. I suppose I better join some french speak forum and speak to the french people make some friends and ask questions about living and working there, the best place to live etc. I would like to move somewhere hot and sunny perhaps like the south of france, my elder sister live in the south of france Haute Savoie on the Mountain near the Italian border it's very hot in the summer, but not very good job wise.

I am glad I don't need visas and if we are in EU we should be able to work there without a work permit? I am not sure though? that would be great if I don't need a work permit.

many thanks again

regards

miele :)

BiG-GuNs
Newly Registered

Post by BiG-GuNs » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:52 am

If I spoke fluent French (and I wish I did), I'd be there in a heartbeat !!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:43 pm

BiG-GuNs wrote:If I spoke fluent French (and I wish I did), I'd be there in a heartbeat !!
Have a go for a bit at Russian language or German, these are really difficult European languages. After two weeks of that go back to French, it will seems dead easy!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Tangozebra
Newly Registered

My take

Post by Tangozebra » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:40 pm

Now let me add my take to this discussion. Last week we travelled to France on Ferry and I decided not to go through the painful process of applying for the French visa. We were allowed in to France and all I had with me was my wife, our marriage certificate and the EEA residence permit issued by the UK home office. In essence you do not require a visa to France if you are with a family member exercising his/her treaty rights, as this is the law according to the EU. In addition, our 8mths old boy came with us and he did not even have a passport but an entry of his details in my passport along with his BC, was all we had with us.

Hope this helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me Nigerian, Her Hungarian

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: My take

Post by Plum70 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:26 pm

Tangozebra wrote:Now let me add my take to this discussion. Last week we travelled to France on Ferry and I decided not to go through the painful process of applying for the French visa. We were allowed in to France and all I had with me was my wife, our marriage certificate and the EEA residence permit issued by the UK home office. In essence you do not require a visa to France if you are with a family member exercising his/her treaty rights, as this is the law according to the EU. In addition, our 8mths old boy came with us and he did not even have a passport but an entry of his details in my passport along with his BC, was all we had with us.

Hope this helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me Nigerian, Her Hungarian
Thanks for the post tangozebra. My husband and I have planned a trip to France in Dec. and I've applied for a schengen visa anyway (even though my UK Residence permit has been approved). I don't want to risk encountering any opposition from an ignorant IM who should know the EU Directive. Hopefully the interview at the French embassy goes smoothly...