ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hanoda23
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kuwait

Citizenship ceremony

Post by Hanoda23 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:07 pm

Hi! I have applied for citizenship since February 2020 but I did get affected by Covid and I never received my ceremony just recently December 2020 I received it when I called to book they said to me we haven’t received your certificate for times fifth time I call again they said your certificate have been sent back to the Home Office I don’t know what is the reason. So I ignored it called back the next day then they told me oh you certificate have been expired since October 2020 I said how I just received my invitation since December so I don’t know where my certificate is next month it’s going to be a year since I applied no one replies to my email HO or the citizenship support. I’m with Brent council they said they’re going to call me back but they never did I just ask for my rights I’m not getting no answer from no one.

nnn15
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship ceremony

Post by nnn15 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:30 pm

You could involve your MP - it wasn't your fault that you couldn't attend the ceremony. There were some posts on this forum when naturalisation certificates were extended after an MP asked for it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:01 pm

Hanoda23 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:07 pm
Hi! I have applied for citizenship since February 2020 but I did get affected by Covid and I never received my ceremony just recently December 2020 I received it when I called to book they said to me we haven’t received your certificate for times fifth time I call again they said your certificate have been sent back to the Home Office I don’t know what is the reason. So I ignored it called back the next day then they told me oh you certificate have been expired since October 2020 I said how I just received my invitation since December so I don’t know where my certificate is next month it’s going to be a year since I applied no one replies to my email HO or the citizenship support. I’m with Brent council they said they’re going to call me back but they never did I just ask for my rights I’m not getting no answer from no one.
What is the date on the ceremony invitation letter? You can attend ceremony within 6 months (extended due to corona) after the date on the ceremony invitation letter sent by HO.

If you have that as a proof, complain to HO. Also provide them with previous correspondence you made to follow up on your case.

This may take some time to sort things out though unfortunately.

Also, raise a complaint with the council.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nnn15
United Kingdom

Post by nnn15 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:05 pm

Hanoda23 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:07 pm
You can lodge a complaint to the Home Office here: https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason. I applied in Feb 2020 and had problems as well as the approval letter was never sent to me (I was approved in March 2020). But a combination of a complaint to the HO and involving my MP helped resolve the issue. I hope yours will be resolved soon too, it seems such a clear-cut case, you just need to find a person who can take an action on your case.

Hanoda23
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kuwait

Post by Hanoda23 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Hi! I wanna thank you so much I used the link you send me. I did my complain yesterday with HO and my local council and they call me today and apologised and they told me they have my certification and booked me in for my ceremony invitation! Thank you again :D

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:30 am

Great, congratulations. My council asked me to come and collect the certificate from the office as they experienced few missing certificates by post. I had my ceremony virtually.