ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Davin
Pakistan

Spouse visa extension question

Post by Davin » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Posting on friend's behalf

First spouse visa extension after 2.5 years of original visa issue:

My friend is Britsh National. He has 1 child and his wife's spouse visa extension is due on xyz date. His kid is british national.

Q1: Will he need to earn above 186000 for extension?

Q2: And is evidence only required for last 6 or 12 months (depending on category) at the date of application rathe than full 2.5 years?

Q3: As his child is british citizen, I assume he does not need to show extra income for his child?

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension question

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Q1. Yes

Q2. Yes, last 6/12 months.

Q3. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Davin
Pakistan

Re: Spouse visa extension question

Post by Davin » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:55 pm

Thanks for your response. One further question about meeting financial requirements.

He is currently working on a day rate contract, via limited company but will be moving to Umbrella Company from next month but at the point of application end of July 2021, his time with umbrella company will be less than 6 months.( it will be about 5 months)

As per understanding after reading appendix FM, he will apply under category B and will have to provide evidence in 2 parts.

Part 1 is fine as his projected annual income using formula given in appendix FM will be higher than 18600

His total income from Umbrella company at the point of application, will be less than 18600
(If he can earn 18,600 from Umbrella company in 5 months then that he wouldn't have to show any other income but its unlikely)

So he will need to use income from limited company to show he earned 18600 in 12 months prior to application.

Question is what evidence will he need to provide for income from limited company? He pays himself a monthly salary and dividends which are declared on self assessment but that self assessment covers 12 months tax year period and some of those months will be outside of 12 month period prior to application.

Evidence: 1) Umbrella company contract plus payslips for 5 months (from Feb21 to July21 which is application date)

2) Is it annual accounts plus self assessment showing income of 18600+ on self assessment
(accounting period 01April2020 to 31March2021 and self assessment from 06April2020 to 05April2021). Can I please confirm if my interpretation is correct and evidence I have listed should be sufficient to fullfil income requirements or am I missing anything?

Regards,