ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa - Rejection

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pks428
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tourist Visa - Rejection

Post by pks428 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:47 am

Hi,

I applied for my mother in law for visitor visa twice and got refused. Currently my wife is pregnant and expecting our baby in March 2021.

First time when I applied we missed NHS documents and didn't produce bank statements for her since I was her sponsor. It got refused as per Paragraph 4.2 (a) and (c) of Appendix V

Second time I applied including NHS documents, Letter of employment for my father-in-law from his employer and he couldn't produce bank statements since he is receiving cash income. In both the application, we produced land asset document registered under my mother-in-law name and as a sponsor I submitted all necessary documents from my side
Second refusal was on the same grounds as per Paragraph 4.2(a) and (c) of Appendix V.
The entry clearance officer mentioned that he is not satisfied with the credibility and genuinely seeking the entry so it's been refused.
So please advice what can be done immediately. Can I raise the issue with the local MP would that help us ?
Its a crucial period we need her here and she has her husband, brothers, sisters, elder daughter and grand children in India so she has good tie in India but entry clearance officer is not satisfied with the circumstances and living in India.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: Tourist Visa - Rejection

Post by iwolga » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:38 pm

Now that you already got two rejections, you need to be very careful on what you submit next. Main focus for you is to prove that your mother-in-law has rock solid ties with her home country and has more reasons to return rather than to stay with you and your wife. What did you provide so far?

You mentioned NHS twice - what kind of NHS papers are you talking about?

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:50 pm

pks428 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:47 am
Hi,

I applied for my mother in law for visitor visa twice and got refused. Currently my wife is pregnant and expecting our baby in March 2021.

First time when I applied we missed NHS documents and didn't produce bank statements for her since I was her sponsor. It got refused as per Paragraph 4.2 (a) and (c) of Appendix V

Second time I applied including NHS documents, Letter of employment for my father-in-law from his employer and he couldn't produce bank statements since he is receiving cash income. In both the application, we produced land asset document registered under my mother-in-law name and as a sponsor I submitted all necessary documents from my side
Second refusal was on the same grounds as per Paragraph 4.2(a) and (c) of Appendix V.
The entry clearance officer mentioned that he is not satisfied with the credibility and genuinely seeking the entry so it's been refused.
So please advice what can be done immediately. Can I raise the issue with the local MP would that help us ?
Its a crucial period we need her here and she has her husband, brothers, sisters, elder daughter and grand children in India so she has good tie in India but entry clearance officer is not satisfied with the circumstances and living in India.
Hi
Could you tell us what all documents did you provide from your side as a sponsor and from your mother in law side

I havent heard of any NHS documents which you need to provide since Non EU parents arent covered by NHS (you need to pay for medical emergency in UK)

MC kaiser
United Kingdom

Post by MC kaiser » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:29 pm

yomishu wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:50 pm
pks428 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:47 am
Hi,

Hi all,

Interestingly, my Wife is also pregnant and is also due in a few month's. We already have a 19month old child. My Wife came into this country on a Spousal Visa.

We would like her Mother to visit us for a few months in time for the delivery. My Mother in law is a retired teacher and she has her own business back in Nigeria.

I am a British Citizen. I work full-time and I meet the financial requirements and can produce evidence of tenancy agreement, bank statements etc.

Any advice if I should be the sponsor or if my Mother in law should be?

Also, what are the required documents?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:30 pm

MC kaiser wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:29 pm
This is not a general discussion and question topic. Please start your own thread with your questions and circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MC kaiser
United Kingdom

Post by MC kaiser » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:30 pm
MC kaiser wrote:
This is not a general discussion and question topic. Please start your own thread with your questions and circumstances.

How do I do this? I've been off this forum for a while....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:41 pm

MC kaiser wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:30 pm
MC kaiser wrote:

How do I do this? I've been off this forum for a while....
Top left, button says "new topic" from the general immigration subs forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MC kaiser
United Kingdom

Post by MC kaiser » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Top left, button says "new topic" from the general immigration subs forum.
I'm having difficulty finding this "new topic"?

Do I just make another topic from one of my other posts?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:55 pm

MC kaiser wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:53 pm
I'm having difficulty finding this "new topic"?

Do I just make another topic from one of my other posts?
Top left under the sub forum title in link below, same as it has always been.

general-uk-immigration-forum/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pks428
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pks428 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:58 am

iwolga wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:38 pm
Now that you already got two rejections, you need to be very careful on what you submit next. Main focus for you is to prove that your mother-in-law has rock solid ties with her home country and has more reasons to return rather than to stay with you and your wife. What did you provide so far?

These are the Documents provided by us during the application
Sponsor Document
• Sponsor’s proof of address – Council Tax, Utility Bill
• Sponsor’s last 6 months Payslips
• Sponsor’s last 6 months Bank Statement
• Sponsor’s Driving License Copy
• Sponsor’s Passport Copy
• Marriage Certificate
• Ultrasound appointment letter from NHS (Pregnancy)
• Scan Report 1 & 2 from NHS (Pregnancy)
• Maternity Certificate (MAT B1) from NHS
• British Passport of mine
• Passport Copy of my wife
• Biometric Residence Permit copy of wife
• Invitation Letter

Applicant Document
• Government of India ID of my mother in law
• Applicant cover letter
• Passport
• My father-in-law Government of India ID
• My father-in-law's proof of employment letter from his employer
• Land Asset document under my mother-in-law name – translated certified copy
• Copy of the previous visa application refusal letter.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:28 am

pks428 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:58 am
Note also a member’s refusal
3. This was a shocker ..... ECO mentioned that as you and your sponsor claim that they need help with child care for their 6 months old, this constitutes as an employment whether paid or unpaid. (Well this was a real surprise as we had no idea about such a situation. We mentioned it as a reason thinking that it would make sense that a grandmother can spend time with her grandchildern and at the same time lend heand in their care as she would normally do back home. We had no idea that this could be seen as an employment. After searching through this forum, I now realised that it was a GROSS mistake to mention that my wife has to back to full-time work after her maternity leave and we would like a close family member like my mother to be be here for few months to visit us and help with childcare)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:57 pm

pks428 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:58 am
iwolga wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:38 pm

These are the Documents provided by us during the application
Sponsor Document
• Sponsor’s proof of address – Council Tax, Utility Bill
• Sponsor’s last 6 months Payslips
• Sponsor’s last 6 months Bank Statement
• Sponsor’s Driving License Copy
• Sponsor’s Passport Copy
• Marriage Certificate
• British Passport of mine
• Passport Copy of my wife
• Biometric Residence Permit copy of wife
• Invitation Letter

Applicant Document
• Government of India ID of my mother in law
• Applicant cover letter
• Passport
• My father-in-law Government of India ID
• My father-in-law's proof of employment letter from his employer
• Land Asset document under my mother-in-law name – translated certified copy
• Copy of the previous visa application refusal letter.
Too much focus on sponsor and too little on your mother-in-law. You need to focus on real proofs that she'll be back to her home country: savings, family ties etc.

Plus, HO doesn't really care about pregnancy - this is completely irrelevant to your application! If anything, it just complicates things as - indeed as vinny pointed out - can make HO think that main purpose of the visit is childcare (which is considered to be employment).