ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Spouse visa extension

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:17 pm

Dear Forum members,

Just a quick question. I have applied for my wife's spouse visa extension using a solicitor and have given her the full required documents:
i.e
6 months bank statement,
6 months wage slip as employed
letter from employer
kids birth certificate and british passports.

I then met one of my mates who have applied for the extension before me and just got a positive income. apparently his solicitor has asked him to provide photos of him and his and kids in the UK showing various visits and integration.

IS THIS STILL A REQUIREMENT? or his solicitor was asking for a lot more?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:33 pm

Photos etc not required.

You are however required to provide two years evidence of cohabitation in both your names, from 3 to 6 different sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. This is to prove subsisting relationship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:44 pm

Thanks CR001,

As always your very helpful.

Yes I have sent them loads of letters from the day she was in, from letters, joint letters and bills in our names and her doctor and pregnancy letters. I think my solicitor came to a point where she said stop..this is enough lol

Hence i panicked when my mate said his solicitor asked for photos... but as you said its not a requirement

Thanks CR001