ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancel Visa Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sijinjpc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

PBS Dependent - Main applicant moved to ILR

Post by sijinjpc » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi,
I have recently received ILR status on SET(0) Tier 2 General 5 year route. My wife is having PBS dependent visa which has validity till next year Feb. Currently she is in India because of COVID. Would she has to apply for visa before she can travel back to UK if she is travelling this year itself?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Dependent - Main applicant moved to ILR

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:16 pm

sijinjpc wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:13 pm
Hi,
I have recently received ILR status on SET(0) Tier 2 General 5 year route. My wife is having PBS dependent visa which has validity till next year Feb. Currently she is in India because of COVID. Would she has to apply for visa before she can travel back to UK if she is travelling this year itself?
She can travel on same visa before its expiry because your have obtained ilr through tier 2
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sijinjpc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sijinjpc » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:06 pm

Thank you for your reply.

So once she is back in UK, should we be applying for extension of visa or have to apply for new visa for her?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:20 pm

sijinjpc wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:06 pm
Thank you for your reply.

So once she is back in UK, should we be applying for extension of visa or have to apply for new visa for her?
Without any of us knowing her full UK immigration history and visa start and expiry dates etc, no one can advise what she would need to do, unless you provide the immigration history information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sijinjpc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sijinjpc » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi,
My wife came to UK 30th of December 2018 and BRP got issued on 10/01/2019.
She was out of UK from November 2019 till date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:09 pm

She will have to apply for an extension if she returns before february and for ilr her current absence breaks her residence, so her clock for ilr will start again when she returns to the UK.

She is subject to the 180 days absence in any 23 month rolling period.

Unlikely COVID can be used an exception as she left the UK willingly months before any lockdowns and the pandemic etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sijinjpc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sijinjpc » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:49 am

Thank you for clarifying.
My wife's current visa ends on 10th February. As she is in India, what will be last date she can travel to UK and apply for visa extension?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:15 pm

She may extend before her leave expires. She should enter the UK with sufficient time to extend.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sijinjpc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sijinjpc » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:15 pm
She may extend before her leave expires. She should enter the UK with sufficient time to extend.
In may places it mentions that the visa processing takes unto 8 weeks. So should she be applying 8 weeks before expiring or less than that?

With my Tier 2 visa I never had to do extension as I had switched company in between and the new visa covered all 5years. So never had to do visa extension.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:22 pm

She may extend at any time before her leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sijinjpc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sijinjpc » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:27 pm

Hi,

My wife has applied for visa extension. She has already paid the visa fee, immigration health surcharge and appointment booking fee. But due to some reason she has to travel back to India and won't be coming back for some months.
1. Do you know how I can cancel her application? (Can you give link)
2. Would the fee paid for visa, IHS and appointment be refunded?

sijinjpc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sijinjpc » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:29 pm

Just to add, her visa appointment is scheduled for February 7th and visa expires on 16th

sijinjpc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Cancel Visa Application

Post by sijinjpc » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi,

My wife is currently in UK and has visa till February 16th and she has applied for a spouse visa extension. Submitted the application and booked an appointment for biometric for February 7th.
But now the circumstances have changed and she would like to cancel the visa. I have found the online form in gov.uk site to cancel the application, but the form is asking for CASE ID, Home office Reference number and payment reference number. I am not able to find the CASE ID and Home office reference number.
Can you help me find either of these? Or is it okay to submit the cancel application form with just payment reference number?