ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR M Right to Work ECS check

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

ILR M Right to Work ECS check

Post by limey10 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:01 pm

Dear all

My wife's employer is performing an ECS check for Right to Work. They are insisting that we send them a copy of Application Registration Card or Certificate of Application.

I do not recall ever seeing either of these items during the application process. Could they be known as something else?

The wording on the .gov website is as follows "You will need to see their original Application Registration Card or Certificate of Application, if this is what you are checking"

Please help...

Thanks, Phil

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Re: ILR M Right to Work ECS check

Post by limey10 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:35 pm

Sorry to ask so quickly, but does anyone know what Application Registration Card or Certificate of Application is please?

Thanks, Phil

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:06 pm

limey10 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:35 pm
Sorry to ask so quickly, but does anyone know what Application Registration Card or Certificate of Application is please?

Thanks, Phil
You should send them only the UAN or an application reference to get a Positive Verification Notice
This is the guide they must follow: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... nts_v5.pdf

FYI
The application registration card (ARC) is a credit card-sized plastic card issued by the Home Office to individuals who claim asylum
Certificates of Application are issued to non EEA family members of EEA nationals who have applied for a Residence Card or Derivative Residence Card. I assume non of these are relevant to your wife
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by limey10 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:58 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:06 pm
limey10 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:35 pm

Thanks, Phil
You should send them only the UAN or an application reference to get a Positive Verification Notice
This is the guide they must follow: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... nts_v5.pdf

FYI
The application registration card (ARC) is a credit card-sized plastic card issued by the Home Office to individuals who claim asylum
Certificates of Application are issued to non EEA family members of EEA nationals who have applied for a Residence Card or Derivative Residence Card. I assume non of these are relevant to your wife
Hi Zimba

Thank you so much. I literally just found the reference to the ARC that you mentioned. The Certificate of Application was a little harder to pin down. One reference I found was that a certificate is issued after biometrics have been enrolled. But your explanation sounds far more plausible.

I knew that technically we only have to provide the UAN, but I thought it would be easier in the long run to find out more information to help my wife's employer.

Will the Positive Verification Notice shed any light on the status of her application? We hit the 5 month point today... might open a tin of Sprite tonight to celebrate. :?

Thanks, Phil

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:47 am

The guide is clear what they are required to do. Do NOT confuse yourself. Stick to the official guides
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by limey10 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:47 am
The guide is clear what they are required to do. Do NOT confuse yourself. Stick to the official guides
I know what you are saying is right. However, at these uncertain times, the last thing we want is an employer to (all be it wrongfully) stop my wife from working and the subsequent fight to reinstate her, recover lost wages etc. Seems far easier to assist them rather than hinder them.

Not sure if you spotted my additional question; Will the Positive Verification Notice shed any light on the status of her application?

Thanks, Phil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 pm

Will the Positive Verification Notice shed any light on the status of her application?
No it will not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.